Our most recent set of topical quiz questions are about the music icon David Bowie.
David Robert Jones born in Brixton, London, and professionally known as David Bowie, was a singer, songwriter, actor, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and artist.
- Which song, written and recorded by David Bowie for a 1972 album, is also a name he used for his alter ego?
- Which album was David Bowie's first number one in the UK charts?
- Which song, released in 1980 and first cut from the Scary Monsters album, was a UK number one?
- In which African city was David Bowie's wife Iman born?
- On 24 April 1992, David Bowie married Iman in which European country?
- In 1990, Queen and Bowie filed a lawsuit against which American artist for copying the bass line of Under Pressure?
- In which film did Bowie portray Thomas Jerome Newton, an alien from a dying planet?
- Which song became his first top five entry in the UK Singles Chart after its release in 1969?
- Name the studio album that was released on Bowie's 69th birthday?
- Which role did Bowie play in Martin Scorsese's The Last Temptation of Christ?
- Ziggy Stardust
- Aladdin Sane
- Ashes to Ashes
- Vanilla Ice
- The Man Who Fell to Earth
- Space Oddity
- Pontius Pilate
A new film starring Tom Hardy has put East End gangster legends Ronnie and Reggie Kray in the media recently.
Kray Twins Quiz
- What was the name of the Kray twin's older brother?
- What was the nickname of Detective Superintendent Leonard Read who was in-charge of their arrest?
- What was the first name of the wife Reggie Kray married in 1965?
- Who played the role of Ronnie Kray in the 1990 film The Krays?
- What is the name of the 2015 film starring Tom Hardy as the twins?
- What was the name of the pub where George Cornell was shot and killed?
- What was playing on the jukebox when George Cornell was shot?
- Who parodied the brothers as the ridiculously violent gangsters Doug and Dinsdale Piranha?
- 'I think he'd like to have been Ronnie Kray' is a line from which Blur song?
- Reggie Kray died in his sleep in a hotel in which city in 2000?
- Frances (Shea)
- Gary Kemp
- The Blind Beggar
- The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Any More (by the Walker Brothers)
- Monty Python's Flying Circus
- Charmless Man
Cilla Black was a Liverpool born singer, entertainer, media personality and actress.
Cilla Black Quiz
- Which single, released at the beginning of 1964, was Cilla Black's first UK number one hit?
- In 2014, which actress played Cilla Black in the three-part television drama series, Cilla?
- What was Cilla Black's original name?
- Which game show hosted by Cilla Black was broadcast on ITV from 1998 to 2001?
- A Comic Relief special of Blind Date in 1993 had which contestant on the show?
- Who was Cilla married to for more than 30 years?
- Cilla appeared as herself in which British sitcom in 2011?
- Anyone Who Had a Heart
- Sheridan Smith
- Priscilla White
- The Moment of Truth
- Mr. Bean
- Bobby Willis
In May 2015, Fifa and its controversial president Sepp Blatter, hit the headlines in a corruption scandal.
- What is the nationality of Joseph 'Sepp' Blatter who, as of May 2015, is the eighth president of FIFA?
- Fifa's choice to award the 2022 World Cup to which country has been widely criticised in the media?
- Complete the Fifa logo: 'For the Game. For the ....?
- Name the third President of FIFA, who had a famous trophy named in his honour?
- In which European city are Fifa's headquarters?
- The Fifa Collection, the finest single collection of football memorabilia in the world, is held in which British city?
- What does the abbreviation of Fifa translate to in English?
- Which Englishman was president of Fifa from 1961 to 1974?
- Jules Rimet
- Manchester - at the National Football Museum
- International Federation of Association Football
- Sir Stanley Rous
Nigel Farage (born 1964) is a British politician and leader of UKIP.
Nigel Farage Quiz
- UKIP complained to the police over comments about leader Nigel Farage on an episode of which BBC One show in the run up to the 2015 election?
- In May 2010, Farage suffered injuries in what sort of accident?
- Which region has he represented as an MEP since 1999?
- On 8 May 2015, Farage resigned as leader of UKIP after he failed to win which seat?
- Farage left the Conservative Party in 1992 after the signing of which treaty?
- What nationality is Nigel Farage's wife?
- What was Farage's former non-political occupation?
- Have I Got News For You
- A plane crash
- South East England
- Thanet South
- Maastricht Treaty
- Comodity Broker
Robin Williams (1951 – 2014) was an American actor and comedian. He rose to fame as Mork in the TV series Mork & Mindy (1978–82), and featured in many acclaimed films including Good Morning, Vietnam (1987), and Dead Poets Society.
Robin Williams Quiz Questions
- Robin Williams won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance as therapist Dr. Sean Maguire in which film?
- In the American sitcom Mork and Mindy, which planet does Mork come from?
- The character Mrs Doubtfire claims to be from England, but what accent does she mostly speak with?
- In which 2002 film does Williams become obsessed with a family for whom he has developed pictures for a long time?
- Which role does Robin Williams play in the movie Hook?
- Good Will Hunting
- One Hour Photo
- Peter Pan
Anthony Neil Wedgwood "Tony" Benn, formerly 2nd Viscount Stansgate, was a Labour Party politician who was a Member of Parliament for 50 years.
Tony Benn Quiz Questions
- Who was quoted as saying that Benn 'immatured with age'?
- Tony Benn was MP for which town from 1984 to 2001?
- What title was relinquished by Tony Benn?
- Name his son who has been Member of Parliament for Leeds Central since 1999?
- What branch of the arm forces did Tony Benn join during the war?
- Harold Wilson
- Viscount Stansgate
- Hilary Benn
There are more quiz questions coming soon.