Rugby Quiz Main Page
Rugby Quiz I
- South African sides the Toyota Cheetahs and Southern Kings are joining the Guinness PRO12, but which two cities are these teams based in?
- For which New Zealand rugby province did Warren Gatland play? And how many new Zealand caps did he win?
- In 2016, Elliot Daly became only the second ever England player to get sent off at Twickenham; who was the first (hint: it was 2005)? And which team were England playing?
- Which rugby union team are officially nicknamed the Black Ferns?
- The first time Wales ever played a capped international match in any colour other than red was in the 1987 World Cup; what colour did they play in and which team did they play?
- In 2011, Manu Tuilagi was fined £3000 by the England team for jumping into which harbour?
- Which pair of brothers were the first since Rory and Tony Underwood to play together for England?
- Name the city and stadium where Ireland inflicted their first ever defeat on New Zealand in 2016?
- Only two players with international careers which began in the 1980s went on to win over 100 international caps; can you name both?
- The 2019 Rugby World Cup final will be held in which Japanese city?
- Two British players have won The World Rugby Junior Player of the Year in the last 8 years, name both?
- Bloemfontein (Toyota Cheetahs) and Port Elizabeth (Southern Kings)
- Waikato. None (he played 17 non-international matches for NZ, but never won an international cap)
- Lewis Moody, versus Samoa.
- New Zealand national women's rugby union team
- Green. Tonga (who also play in red).
- Auckland Harbour
- Delon Armitage and Steffon Armitage (2009)
- Chicago, Soldier Field
- Philippe Sella (111) and David Campese (101)
- Yokohama (Japan's second largest city)
- Sam Davies (2015) and George Ford (2011)
Rugby Trivia II
- The 1971 British Lions are the only Lions side to have won a Test series in New Zealand; can you name the captain and coach?
- England's Richard Cockerill's had a famous fierce rivalry with which New Zealand hooker?
- The Italian Guinness Pro12 rugby union team 'Zebra' are based in which city?
- Which country did Wales have 12 consecutive losses to between 1983 and 1993?
- Which nation denied England a Grand Slam in the final weekend of the 2000 tournament?
- Who was the head coach of Ireland in the inaugural 2000 Six Nations?
- What caused some games in 2001 to be postponed until the Autumn?
- Which player got criticism for his 'swallow dives' in 2011?
- Which 'first' took place in the 2009 match between France and Wales?
- Which player's father was an unlikely pitch invader in the 2013 France versus Wales match?
- Which team won their first Grand Slam since 1948 at the Millennium Stadium in 2009?
- Which stadium became the home of Irish rugby when Lansdowne Road was being redeveloped in 2007?
- Who became the first ever Scottish player sent off in an International Championship match in 2006?
- In 2007, which team made a sensational start, scoring three tries in the first six minutes, in a big win against Scotland?
- As of 2016, which flanker was the last player to score a try for the Lions against New Zealand?
- John Dawes (captain) and Carwyn James (coach).
- Norm Hewitt
- Warren Gatland
- Foot and mouth disease (travel to and from Ireland was advised against)
- Chris Ashton
- A Friday fixture
- George North
- Croke Park
- Scott Murray
- Lewis Moody
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.