Welcome to our Chemistry Quiz Questions Page
Chemistry Quiz Questions I
- Only four elements are magnetic at room temperature, iron is one, can you name the other three?
- Which chemical element has the lowest boiling point of all the elements?
- Which gas, discovered in 1898, is used in car headlamps to produce adequate light immediately upon switching on?
- Which chemist is known for isolating a series of substances for the first time, including potassium and sodium in 1807?
- Which forces, named after a Dutch scientist, are distance dependent weak forces between atoms or molecules?
- Name the chemical elements from the following synbols: (a)Sb, (b)K, (c)Ag, (d)W, and (e)Cf?
- What is nitrous oxide more commonly known as?
- Which Russian chemist published the first widely recognized periodic table in 1869?
- By what name would we better know ethylene glycol?
- Who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Chemistry in 1954 and the 1962 Nobel Peace Prize?
- What is the common name for ascorbic acid?
- Brass is a metal alloy made up of which two elements?
- Bronze is principally an alloy of which two elemts?
- Who's law states:'If an induced current flows, its direction is always such that it will oppose the change which produced it'?
- What is the only letter not appearing on the Periodic Table?
- Which metal as the highest melting point?
- Nickel, cobalt and gadolinium.
- Sir Humphry Davy
- Van der Waals forces (or bonds)
- (a)Antimony, (b)Potassium, (c)Silver, (d)Tungsten, and (e)Californium?
- Laughing gas
- Dmitri Mendeleev
- Linus Pauling (the only person to be awarded two unshared Nobel Prizes)
- Vitamin C
- Copper and zinc
- Copper and tin
- Lenz's Law
- Name the only metal that is liquid at room temperature?
- What is the common name for phenol?
- Cobalamin may refer to several chemical forms of what vitamin?
- What is the best known brand name of PTFE-based formulas?
- What name is given fot the total number of protons and neutrons in an atomic nucleus?
- What is the better name for the organic compound trichloromethane?
- Which radioactive chemical element whas the chemical symbol 'Pu'?
- What has the chemical formula H2SO4?
- Which chemical element is named after the asteroid Pallas?
- By what better name do we know Acetyl salicylic acid?
- Which naturally-occurring organic compound with the formula CH2O is also known by the name methanal?
- Which chemical element has the atomic number 2?
- What is the more common name for deuterium oxide?
- Ernest Rutherford, who became known as the father of nuclear physics, was born in which country?
- Boyle's law is a gas law which states how the pressure of a gas increases as what property decreases?
- What is defined as the number of atoms found in exactly 12 grams of carbon-12, where the carbon-12 atoms are unbound, at rest and in their ground state?
- Carbolic acid
- Mass number (or atomic mass number or nucleon number)
- Sulfuric acid
- Heavy water
- New Zealand
More related quizzes...
Thank you for printing these chemistry questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.