1950s Quiz Questions
- In 1959, which two states became the 49th and 50th states of America?
- Name the first artificial satellite to orbit the earth?
- Who was chief creator and the main writer of The Goon Show?
- Which film epic won 11 Oscars in 1959?
- What was nationalised in 1956 by Gamal Abdel Nasser?
- What was first built by Charles H. Townes at Columbia University in 1953?
- Who starred as Roger Thornhill in the film North by Northwest?
- Who wrote and originally performed the song Johnny B. Goode?
- Who did Fidel Castro overthrow to become leader of Cuba?
- Who was Elizabeth Taylor married to from 1952 to 1957?
- Alaska (49th) and Hawaii (50th)
- Sputnik I
- Spike Milligan
- The Suez Canal
- The maser
- Carry Grant
- Chuck Berry
- Fulgencio Batista
- Michael Wilding
There are more quiz questions on the 1950s coming soon.
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.