The London Quiz Questions Page
London Quiz Questions I
- Who became Mayor of London in May 2016?
- Opened in 1987, what does the acronym DLR stand for?
- Opened in 1979, which is the newest line on the London Underground network?
- Which World War II museum ship is permanently moored on the River Thames?
- Which number London Heathrow terminal was opened by Queen Elizabeth II in March 2008?
- What nickname is sometimes used to describe Denmark Street in London's West End because of its large number of music shops?
- Which road links Buckingham Palace to Trafalgar Square via Admiralty Arch?
- There are two prisons in the Borough of Islington; can you name (a)the men's prison, and (b)the women's prison?
- The Shaftesbury Memorial Fountain is located at the southeastern side of which public space?
- London Bridge was the only bridge across the River Thames until which date: (a)1639, (b)1739, or (c)1839?
- The Cenotaph war memorial on Whitehall; can you name both the architect and the stone it is built from?
- Which famous jazz club can be found at 47 Frith Street?
- Which skyscraper is the tallest building in the City of London financial district and the third tallest in the UK?
- The Theatre Royal, in Covent Garden, backs onto which street?
- What was first designed by Harry Beck in 1931?
- Which area of London is believed to derive its name from a former hunting cry?
- Where cemetery is the resting place of Michael Faraday, John Galsworthy and author Douglas Adams?
- Sadiq Khan
- Docklands Light Railway
- The Jubilee line
- HMS Belfast
- Terminal 5
- Tin Pan Alley
- The Mall
- (a)HM Prison Pentonville (men's), and (b)HM Prison Holloway (women's)
- Picadilly Circus
- Edwin Lutyens and Portland stone
- Ronnie Scott's
- The Heron Tower (officially 110 Bishopsgate)
- Drury Lane
- The London Underground Map
- Highgate Cemetery
London Quiz Questions II
- Who is married to barrister and author Marina Wheeler?
- From which bridge do you get the finest view from any spot in London at ground level?
- What colour is the Bakerloo line on the Tube map?
- Which London park is famous for its Speakers' Corner?
- Name the large area off Whitehall which is the site of the annual Trooping the Colour?
- Which London borough covers much of the traditional East End?
- St Paul's Cathedral sits at the top of which hill, the highest point in the City of London?
- Who wrote, 'when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life'?
- What name was given to a severe air-pollution event that affected London during December 1952?
- What took place in Hyde Park from 1 May to 11 October 1851?
- British TV Presenter, Yvette Fielding had one, Bez of the Happy Mondays owns one, and it was used by The Governor of the Falkland Islands - what is it?
- What is located at 24 Grosvenor Square, London?
- Borris Johnson
- Waterloo bridge
- Hyde Park
- Horse Guards Parade
- Tower Hamlets
- Ludgate Hill
- Samuel Johnson
- The Great Smog
- The Great Exhibition
- A London Black Cab
- The Embassy of the United States
London Trivia III
- Great Ormond Street Hospital received the copyright of which book in 1929, providing significant future funding?
- Which London University has been attended by Mick Jagger, David Attenborough and President John F. Kennedy?
- What type of limestone is used in the constuction of many notable London buildings including St Paul's Cathedral and Buckingham Palace?
- Where would you be if you visited the postcode HA9 OWS?
- As of 2015, what is the tallest building in London?
- What in London is the Emirates Air Line?
- How many times has London hosted the modern Summer Olympic Games
- What is 30 St Mary Axe also known as?
- What is the official name of the tower that houses Big Ben?
- Which London football club has its ground on the banks of the River Thames?
- Name Europe's busiest shopping street - with around half a million visitors each day?
- Which major trunk road connects London to Fishguard in Wales?
- Peter Pan
- London School of Economics
- Portland Stone
- Wembley Stadium
- The Shard
- A cable car link across the River Thames
- Three (2012, 1948, 1908)
- The Gherkin
- Elizabeth Tower
- Fulham FC (Craven Cottage)
- Oxford Street
> England Quiz Questions
> Royal Family Quiz