Africa Quizzes and Answers
- Which African country is the only one in the world to lie entirely one thousand metres above sea level?
- Which ethnic group inhabiting northern Tanzania and southern Kenya is the stretching of earlobes a common practice?
- Which country is often referred to as the 'Giant of Africa', owing to its large population and economy?
- What large land animal kills the most people in Africa?
- Timbuktu is in which country?
- Which city is located at the confluence of the White Nile, and the Blue Nile?
- Name the principal river of western Africa?
- Today, the term Greater Maghreb corresponds roughly to which 16th to 19th century region?
- The Republic of the Congo became independent from which country in 1960?
- Who was Ethiopia's regent from 1916 to 1930, and Emperor from 1930 to 1974?
- Kano and Abuja are two large cities in which country?
- Kofi Annan, the seventh Secretary-General of the United Nations from 1997 to 2006, is what nationality?
- Lesotho (hence, the nickname 'Kingdom in the Sky')
- The Maasai
- The Barbary Coast
- Haile Selassie
- At Ujiji in 1858, Richard Burton and John Speke first reached the shore of which lake?
- Which African city includes in its area, the archaeological site of Carthage?
- Entebbe is a major town in which country?
- Which country accounts for 80% of the world's platinum production?
- Over 90% of which African country's wildlife is found nowhere else on Earth?
- Name the longest river in South Africa?
- Which African received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1984?
- Which is the largest country in Africa?
- In 2016, which African country became China's biggest supplier of oil?
- Africa's busiest airport is near which major city?
- Which island country is located 350 miles off the coast of West Africa?
- The goliath frog, the largest living frog on Earth, is found in which African country?
- Which country lies directly north of Namibia?
- The Serengeti National Park is in which country?
- Lake Tanganyika
- South Africa
- The Orange River
- Desmond Tutu
- Cape Verde
- Cameroon (also accept Equatorial Guinea)
Africa Quiz III
- Named after a Scottish explorer, what is the second fastest land animal on earth?
- On which river is the Victoria Falls?
- Iman, the widow of English rock musician David Bowie, was born in which African city?
- Evidence of the earliest modern humans were found in which African country?
- The Suez Canal was officially opened in which year (we'll give 10 years either side of this date as correct)?
- What is the westernmost country in the mainland of Africa?
- There are only two African countries 'entirely' south of the Tropic of Capricorn; name both?
- Name the channel of water that seperates Madagascar from East Africa?
- Which country received independence in 2011?
- What was the Republic of Upper Volta, renamed in 1984?
- Which African country has more French speakers than France?
- Which African desert is considered the oldest with the highest dunes on Earth?
- Which country is also known as the Gold Coast?
- In 1884, Mahdi leads an uprising against the British in which country?
- Thomson's Gazelle
- 1869 (we'll give 1859 to 1879 as corect)
- Lesotho and Swaziland
- Mozambique Channel
- South Sudan
- Burkina Faso
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- The Namib Desert
> Geography Quizzes
Thank you for printing these African questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.