Quiz About April Fools' Pranks and Fun
- The BBC television programme Panorama ran a hoax in 1957, showing what being harvested from trees in Switzerland?
- Which American magazine in 2006 announced via Twitter that they would no longer be publishing photographs of naked animals?
- In 2005, Radio 4's The Today Programme announced in the news that which long-running serial had changed its theme tune to an upbeat disco style?
- In 2010, The Independent reported that where in London was being considered as a new location for CERN's particle accelerator?
- As an April Fool's joke and PR stunt to draw attention to the launch of its electrical vehicle, what did Volkswagen report it was changing its name to?
- In 1989, a UFO-shaped hot air balloon flew over London as an April 1 prank. Who was the pilot?
- On April Fools' Day 1980, the BBC announced Big Ben's clock face would be going digital and whoever got in touch first could win what?
- What product, launched by Google just before midnight on March 31, 2004, was widely believed to be a hoax although it wasn't?
- The fast-food restaurant chain Taco Bell once duped people when it announced it had agreed to purchase The Liberty Bell, an iconic symbol of American independence located in which city?
- Which famous figure once announced on 1 April, 1976, that gravity on Earth would be slightly weaker and if you jumped in the air you would briefly float because of a planetary conjunction between Pluto and Jupiter?
- National Geographic
- The Archers
- The London Underground (the Circle line)
- Richard Branson
- The clock's hands
- Patrick Moore
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.