Art Deco Quiz and Answers
- What is the term Art Deco short for?
- Which New York City Art Deco skyscraper was the world's tallest building for 11 months after its completion in 1930?
- Famous for her pottery decorated with geometric shapes and crude, bright colours, the Art Deco movement had a major influence on whose designs from 1922 to 1963?
- Which type of phenolic resin, invented in 1907, is known for being used in Art Deco jewellery?
- Christ the Redeemer is an Art Deco statue of Jesus Christ in which city?
- Which city on North Island, New Zealand, was rebuilt after a 1931 earthquake and has the highest concentration of Art Deco architechture in the world?
- Art Deco was influenced by the bold geometric forms of which early-20th-century avant-garde art movement?
- Which building on the River Thames, notable for its original, lavish Art Deco interior, is also one of the world's largest brick buildings?
- Completed in 1931, which 47-story New York luxury hotel in Midtown Manhattan is also an Art Deco landmark designed by architects Schultze and Weaver?
- Which retired British ocean liner in service from 1936 to 1967 was known for its opulent and grand interiors influenced by the Art Deco movement of the 1920s and 30s?
- Art Decoratifs
- The Chrysler Building
- Clarice Cliff
- Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Battersea Power Station
- The Waldorf Astoria
- RMS Queen Mary