10 Astronomers Quiz Questions
- What did American astronomer Clyde Tombaugh discover in 1930?
- Who succeeded John Flamsteed in 1720 as the second Astronomer Royal?
- Which astronomer dropped balls from the Leaning Tower of Pisa to demonstrate that their time of descent was independent of their mass?
- Which Polish astronomer was the first modern European scientist to propose that the Earth revolves around the sun?
- Which British astronomer, who died in 2001, is best known as the foremost proponent of the steady-state theory of the universe?
- Which English amateur astronomer presented the British TV programme The Sky at Night from 1957 to 2013?
- Which planet was discovered by Sir William Herschel on 13 March 1781 from the garden of his house in Bath, England?
- Which astronomer is known for his studies of the rings of Saturn and the discovery of its moon Titan? As an inventor he also invented the pendulum clock.
- What was the first name of Hubble, most widely recognized for the Hubble Space Telescope which was named in his honour?
- Which astronomer is best known for his laws of planetary motion?
- Edmond Halley
- Galileo Galilei
- Nicolaus Copernicus
- Sir Fred Hoyle
- Patrick Moore
- Christiaan Huygens
- Johannes Kepler
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.