Questions or answers feature the month of August!
- On the 21 August 1911, what was stolen by Vincenzo Peruggia who had hid in a broom cupboard?
- The month of August is named after Augustus, emperor of ancient Rome, what number month was August in the original Roman calendar?
- Which astrological star sign covers July 23 - August 22?
- Which well known term do they call the 12th of August, the start of the grouse shooting season?
- French chef, Auguste Escoffier, codified the recipes for how many mother sauces?
- 'August' is the tenth solo studio album by which musician?
- Anne Frank penned the last entry into her diary on August 1st of which year?
- Which naval battle was fought in 31 BC between the fleet of Octavian and the combined forces of Mark Antony and Queen Cleopatra of Egypt? (In 27 BC Octavian was awarded the title of Augustus by the Roman Senate.)
- Auguste Dupin is a fictional character in which Edgar Allan Poe short story?
- What made news headlines on August the 8th, 1963?
- Which 1882 marble sculpture by French sculptor Auguste Rodin features an embracing couple?
- Augusta, named after Princess Augusta of Saxe-Gotha, mother of King George III, is the second largest city in which American state?
- Mona Lisa painting
- It was the 6th month (until Augusts's rule, it was called Sextilis (the Latin word for six is sex)
- The Glorious Twelfth
- Five mother sauces
- Eric Clapton
- Battle of Actium
- The Murders in the Rue Morgue (widely considered the first detective fiction story)
- The Great Train Robbery
- The Kiss
- Which month ends on the same day of the week as August every year?
- German engineer and automobile pioneer, August Horch, was the founder of which automobile manufacturer?
- First celebrated in 1975, in Beverley, which historic county celebrates its county day on August 1?
- 'Awst' is the word for August in which language?
- The gorge of Burrington Combe in the Mendip Hill was the inspiration for which Christian hymn written by the Reverend Augustus Toplady in 1763?
- What date in August, in 1945, did World War II end?
- The Kappa Cygnids take place from August 3 to August 25 each year, what are they?
- Journalist Claudia Jones was the founder of which annual event that has taken place in London over two days each August, since 1966?
- Which August birthday flower is sometimes called the 'sword lily'?
- The eruption of which volcano on August 27, 1883, is thought to be the loudest sound ever heard?
- Princess Diana died in the early hours of 31 August in which year?
- Frederic Auguste Bartholdi was a French sculptor who is universally best known for designing what?
- 'August 7, 4:15' is a song from whose 1997 album, Destination Anywhere?
- If you are born on August 23rd, what is your Zodiac sign?
- Rock of Ages
- 14th (of August)
- A meteor shower
- Notting Hill Carnival
- Gladioli (or, gladiolus (singular)
- The Statue of Liberty
- Jon Bon Jovi
Thank you for printing these 'August' questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and trivia.