Bar trivia is the American equivalent of the British pub quiz. The following questions would be suitable for any American quiz event.
Back to Triva Quiz main page.
- Which American university, named after its first benefactor, is in Baltimore, Maryland?
- Which sportsman was nicknamed 'The Sultan of Swat'?
- Who played himself in the 1979 film Cocaine Cowboys and was played by David Bowie in the 1996 film Basquiat?
- Which famous historical event happened on December 16, 1773?
- Who is the mother of actress Mariska Hargitay, best known for her role as sex crimes Detective Olivia Benson on the NBC television drama Law & Order?
- Ernest Hemingway's wartime experiences formed the basis for which 1929 novel?
- Maris is the unseen wife in which American sitcom?
- Which spaceflight mission landed the first men on the Moon?
- In which American city was Hilary Clinton born?
- In which American city did Ronald Regan survive an assassination attempt in 1981?
- By what name is singer Alecia Moore better known by
- The Blue Ridge Mountains are part of which mountain range?
- What name connects several groups of Native Americans to a twin-engine lift helicopter?
- Who was leader of the Soviet Union from 1955 until 1964?
- In May 1995 the New York Magazine declared her 'the definitive American woman of our time' and in 2004 she was given the nickname 'M. Diddy', who is she?
- John Hopkins University
- Babe Ruth
- Andy Warhol
- The Boston Tea Party
- Jayne Mansfield
- A Farewell to Arms
- Apollo 11
- Washington DC
- Appalachian Mountains
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Martha Stewart ('M. Diddy' was her prison nickname)
- Vince Lombardi is best known as the early sixties coach of which American football team?
- Oprah Winfrey was born in which state?
- To which American city would you be flying to if your destination had the airport code LGA?
- Baseball evolved from older bat-and-ball games played in which country?
- Which actress is the daughter of Aerosmith's lead singer?
- Which city was the first in the world to have a population of over one million?
- In which city was the TV show Happy Days set?
- What letter in Morse code is represented by a single dash?
- Name the author of detective novels and crime fiction featuring LAPD Detective Harry Bosch?
- Who became a teen idol with the character Miley Stewart in the Disney Channel television series Hannah Montana?
- In which wine-growing country is the Rapel region situated?
- What name links the CIA to the first ever aircraft carrier commissioned into the US Navy in 1922?
- In John Fowles' 1963 novel The Collector, the title character collects what
- Which cup did the Boston Bruins win in 2011 and the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2016?
- Which American state shares its name with a former Soviet Republic?
- Green Bay Packers
- New York (LaGuardia)
- England (accept Britain or the UK)
- Liv Tyler (daughter of Steven Tyler)
- Michael Connelly
- Miley Cyrus
- Langley (USS Langley and Langley, Virginia is where the CIA headquarters are based)
- Stanley Cup (Ice Hockey)
Thank you for printing our bar trivia. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great bar trivia questions and answers.