- Who was the first sovereign to live in Buckingham Palace?
- Sylvia Diggory, aged 13, became the NHS’s first patient in which year?
- Which city, developed from the Roman town of Venta Belgarum, was the first capital of England?
- Which area in England became the first national park in 1951?
- The very first census of Great Britain in 1801 estimated the population of England and Wales to be: 9 million, 19 million, or 29 million?
- Eighteenth century potter Josiah Wedgwood was the grandfather of which famous Englishman?
- Name the largest natural lake in England?
- In which English city would you find the Radcliffe Camera?
- Which ancient county, now part of Cumbria, is famous for its long sausage?
- Both the Battle of Hastings in 1066 and the 1805 Battle of Trafalgar happened in which month of the year?
- Queen Victoria (St. James’s Palace was the previous London royal residence)
- Peak District
- 9 million
- Charles Darwin
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.