Thanks for the visit. We are free but if you wish to support us in writing our quizzes:
- The Winter War, which began in November 1939, was a war between the Soviet Union and which country?
- The Babington Plot was a plan to assassinate which monarch?
- Which political and military leader led the countries of Bolivia and Colombia to independence from the Spanish Empire?
- Explorer and merchant Marco Polo was born in which city in 1254?
- In the early 20th century which empire was commonly known as 'the sick man of Europe'?
- Henry VIII's longest marriage was to which queen?
- In which city was Charles I's headquarters during the English Civil War?
- In which year was Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria assassinated?
- What name was given to area of control imposed by the Vikings over much of eastern and northern England?
- In which decade was the telephone invented?
- Queen Elizabeth I (in 1586)
- Simon Bolívar
- The Ottoman Empire
- Katherine of Aragon
- 1870s (1876)
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.