- What name is the Hindi cinema industry often known by?
- Chennai, the capital of the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, was known by what name until 1996?
- What is the National Bird of India?
- The Taj Mahal is an ivory-white marble mausoleum in which city?
- What Indian dish is named after the name of the cylindrical clay oven it is cooked in?
- In April 1893, Mahatma Gandhi, aged just 23, set sail for which country where he was to spend 21 years?
- Which system divides Hindus into four main categories - Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and the Shudras?
- Which word in English usage meaning a a huge, powerful, and overwhelming force was adapted from a Sanskrit word describing a large chariot used in Hindu festivals?
- By what name do we better know the Harmandir Sahib, which is the Sikhs' principal place of worship in Amritsar?
- India gained independence from Great Britain in which year?
- Peacock or peafowl
- Tandoori (a tandoor is the cylindrical clay oven)
- South Africa
- The caste system
- Golden Temple
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.