Welcome to our Book Quizzes Page
First Lines of Famous Books
- Which author created the iconic fictional character Holly Golightly?
- Whose first book, The Story of the Malakand Field Force: An Episode of Frontier War, was published in 1898?
- Which Charles Dickens book, first published in 1859, has sold over 200 million copies and is his best selling book?
- Which actress wrote the autobiography Wishful Drinking?
- Whose first children's book, The English Roses, was published in 2003?
- Who wrote the 2012 novel The Casual Vacancy?
- Which 1994 book, written by Louis de Bernieres, is set on the Greek island of Cephalonia during the Second World War?
- In which book was the first mate of the Pharaon arrested on the day of his wedding to Mercedes?
- In the Life of Pi by Yann Martel, what name is given to the Bengal tiger?
- What new name were the Whitbread Book Awards given in 2006?
- Give the title of the book by James Fenimore Cooper that describes Uncas, the son of Chingachgook?
- Don Quixote was published in which century?
- Which book was Charles Dickens's first and personal favourite novel?
- Life Among the Lowly is an alternative name for which novel?
- Who is best known for her two best-selling novels, Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead?
- Truman Capote (in his book Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Sir Winston Churchill
- A Tale of Two Cities
- Carrie Fisher
- J. K. Rowling
- Captain Corelli's Mandolin
- The Count of Monte Cristo
- Richard Parker
- The Costa Book Awards
- Last of the Mohicans
- Seventeenth (published in two volumes, in 1605 and 1615)
- The Pickwick Papers
- Uncle Tom's Cabin
- Ayn Rand
- Which novel follows the life of Captain John Yossarian during World War II?
- Mr. Nice is the autobiography of which former criminal?
- What is the first name of Mr. Grey in the 2011 erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey?
- What's the name of the dog in Enid Blyton's Secret Seven books?
- Which book did Herman Melville begin writing in November 1888, but was still left unfinished at his death in 1891?
- What is the last name of the 20-year-old protagonist of the book Emma by Jane Austen?
- As of 2016, who is the youngest ever winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature?
- Named after a Victorian book illustrator, which literary award is won annually for 'distinguished illustration in a book for children'?
- Which novel features the anti-heroine Becky Sharp?
- What's the name of Captain Hook's ship in the 1911 novel Peter Pan?
- Hotel is a 1965 novel by which author?
- Name the first novel written by Charles Dickens?
- What is the last name of William in the Richmal Crompton book Just William?
- Whose best-known creation is Chief Inspector Wexford?
- What's the last name of Dorothy in the L. Frank Baum novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz?
- Howard Marks
- Billy Bud
- (Emma) Woodhouse
- Rudyard Kipling
- Kate Greenaway Medal
- Vanity Fair
- Jolly Roger
- Arthur Hailey
- The Pickwick Papers (The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club)
- Ruth Rendell
- Gale (and out of interest the 'L' in L. Frank Baum stands for Lyman)
More related trivia...
> Literature Quizzes
Thank you for printing this quiz. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.