Art Quiz Questions
- Beer Street and Gin Lane are two prints issued in 1751 by which English artist?
- On 15 November 2018, which artist's 1972 work Portrait of an Artist (Pool with Two Figures) sold at Christie's auction house in New York City for 90 million dollars?
- The Fighting Temeraire, painted in 1838, is an oil painting by which English artist?
- George Stubbs was an English painter best known for painting which subject?
- Girl with Balloon is a series of stencil murals by which artist?
- Whose famous works include The Blue Boy and Mr and Mrs Andrews?
- L. S. Lowry, famous for painting North West England industrial scenes, died in which decade?
- The 1886 painting by Sir John Everett Millais known as Bubbles became famous when it was in advertisements for what product?
- The Hay Wain, a painting by John Constable, depicts a rural scene on which river? This river forms most of the boundary between Suffolk and Essex.
- Which artist spent the latter years of his life at the end of the 19th century painting the twelve works known as The Manchester Murals for Manchester Town Hall?
- William Hogarth
- David Hockney
- Turner (Joseph Mallord William Turner)
- Thomas Gainsborough
- 1970s (1976)
- Pears soap
- River Stour
- Ford Madox Brown
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.