Thanks for the visit. We are free but if you wish to support us in writing our quizzes:
Political quotes from past and present British politicians. Which politician said the following quotes?
- The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
- The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.
- A week is a long time in politics.
- Peace for our time.
- It's rather like sending our opening batsmen to the crease only for them to find that before the first ball is bowled, their bats have been broken by the team captain.
- They should never have put me with that woman. She was just a sort of bigoted woman who said she used to be Labour.
- Labour is the party of law and order in Britain today. Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime.
- I grew up in the '30s with an unemployed father. He didn't riot. He got on his bike and looked for work, and he kept looking till he found it.
- If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.
- I'm not the only Labour MP who sent their child to public school but I'm the only one who's questioned about it.
- Strong views exist on both sides but I believe MPs voting for gay people being able to marry too, is a step forward for our country.
- I was determined that no British government should be brought down by the action of two tarts.
- Winston Churchill
- Margaret Thatcher
- Harold Wilson
- Neville Chamberlain
- Geoffrey Howe
- Gordon Brown
- Tony Blair
- Norman Tebbit
- Tony Benn
- Dianne Abbott
- David Cameron
- Harold MacMillan
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.