- Name the Californian beach city, in Los Angeles County, which is also a 2017 single by Miley Cyrus?
- Which California valley on the north coast is considered one of the premier wine regions in the world?
- Name the state capital of California?
- Which Hollywood A-lister is the former mayor of Carmel?
- Part of which desert is located primarily in southeastern California?
- Which radioactive chemical element, first synthesized in 1950 and with the symbol Cf, was named after California?
- The Golden Gate Bridge opened in which decade?
- Which city is the economic centre of Silicon Valley and the largest in Northern California?
- What's the name of the the giant sequoia tree located in Sequoia National Park which is the largest known living tree in the world?
- Name the highest mountain in California?
- Which airport is the only commercial airport in Orange County?
- Name the two-mile-long street primarily in Beverly Hills known for its luxury goods?
- Who served two terms as Governor of California from 2003 to 2011?
- Name the beachfront neighbourhood in Los Angeles which has been used in many film locations?
- Napa Valley
- Clint Eastwood
- 1930s (1937)
- San Jose
- General Sherman
- Mount Whitney
- John Wayne International Airport
- Rodeo Drive
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Venice Beach
Did you know that the California Gold Rush (1848–1855) began in 1848 when James Marshall struck lucky at Sutter's Mill in Coloma, California? These gold-seekers were called 'forty-niners' - referring to the year 1849.
- Which football team won five Super Bowl championships between 1981 and 1995? And who was quarterback for most of these wins?
- For what is the city of Anaheim most famous?
- Which 'so-called' walk comprises of more than 2,600 five-pointed brass stars embedded in pavements in Los Angeles?
- Which three US states border California?
- Alcatraz Island is located in which bay?
- What is the official state animal of California?
- Los Angeles International Airport is commonly referred to by which airport code?
- Which national park in the Sierra Nevada mountains is famous for its waterfalls and granite cliffs?
- Who was mayor of Palm Springs from 1988 to 1992?
- Name the famous large amphitheater beneath the Hollywood Hills?
- Which company, founded in a garage in Addison Avenue, Palo Alto, in 1939, is considered to be the symbolic founder of Silicon Valley?
- Which university, located between San Jose and San Francisco, is one of the world's most prestigious?
- On which peak in the Hollywood Hills can you see the famous 'Hollywood Sign'?
- The rugged stretch of central coast between Carmel and San Simeon known for it's winding coastal road with seaside cliffs is known as the 'Big...' what?
- Fisherman's Wharf is a popular tourist attraction and neighborhood in which Californian city?
- The San Francisco 49ers. Joe Montana.
- It's home to the Disneyland Resort
- The Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona
- San Francisco Bay
- California grizzly bear
- Yosemite National Park
- Sonny Bono
- Hollywood Bowl
- Hewlett-Packard or HP
- Stanford University
- Mount Lee
- Big Sur
- San Fransisco
> American States Quiz
> American Quiz Questions
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.