Thanks for the visit. We are free but if you wish to support us in writing our quizzes:
- Name the race of small people who help Willy Wonka operate his factory in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?
- Who wrote the book that follows the antics of Peter Rabbit as he is chased about the garden of Mr. McGregor?
- Who lives in a children's residential care home nicknamed "The Dumping Ground"?
- Who wrote the children's novel The Wind in the Willows?
- Which fantasy novel by Mary Norton features a family of tiny people who live secretly in the walls and floors of an English house?
- What sort of food does Paddington Bear like?
- Carlo Collodi created which famous children's character?
- The White Witch who rules Narnia made it always winter but never what?
- In which children's book by Dr. Seuss does the vocabulary of the text consist of just 50 words?
- First published in 1969, complete the title of Eric Carle's book "The Very Hungry ....."?
- Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters is a children's book by which very famous author?
- Sophie uses her local knowledge to take the BFG to which location in London?
- Beatrix Potter (The Tale of Peter Rabbit)
- Tracy Beaker (by Jacqueline Wilson)
- Kenneth Grahame
- The Borrowers
- Never Christmas
- Green Eggs and Ham
- Barack Obama
- Buckingham Palace (The BFG by Roald Dahl)
- Who wrote the children's novel Swallows and Amazons?
- Mildred Hubble is a major character in which book series by Jill Murphy?
- Who wrote the children's story The Old man of Lochnagar?
- Who has a younger brother called Perfect Peter in a series of books written by Francesca Simon?
- Which trilogy of fantasy novels follows the coming of age of Lyra Belacqua and Will Parry, as they wander through a series of parallel universes?
- Which children's character was created by Mary Tourtel?
- Who wrote the children's classic Ann of Green Gables?
- Which children's character lived at Scatterbrook farm?
- Which novel tells the story of a pig named Wilbur and his friendship with a barn spider?
- Which character created by David McKee, appears in several children's books and an animated television series created in the early seventies?
- Arthur Ransome
- The Worst Witch children's book series
- Prince Charles
- Horrid Henry
- His Dark Materials (by Philip Pullman)
- Rupert the Bear
- Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Worzel Gummidge
- Charlotte's Web (by E. B. White)
- Mr. Benn
Kids Books Trivia III
- Thomas the Tank Engine is the central figure in which writer's Railway Series?
- Who does Ben hate staying with every Friday night when his parents go to see a dancing show named "Strictly Stars Dancing"? (Hint: its a book by David Walliams)
- Miss Agatha Trunchbull is the fictional headmistress of Crunchem Hall Primary School in which book?
- Harry Potter learns he is a wizard on his birthday when he becomes what age?
- "Jabberwocky" and "Tweedledum and Tweedledee" all feature in which book?
- Dodie Smith was an English children's novelist best known for which 1956 novel? (Hint: Disney made it into an animated film in 1961.)
- Which series of books by Jeff Kinney are the journals of Greg Heffley?
- Pippi Longstocking lives in a small village in which country?
- In a short children's story written and illustrated by Judith Kerr what sort of animal came to tea?
- On her way down the yellow brick road who does Dorothy meet first, the cowardly Lion, the Scarecrow or the rusted Tin Man?
- Who wrote the books The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Rip Van Winkle?
- Can you name the follow up to the 1926 children's book Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A Milne?
- Reverend W. Awdry (Wilbert Audrey)
- His grandmother (in Gangsta Granny)
- Matilda (by Roald Dahl)
- Through the Looking-Glass
- One Hundred and One Dalmatians
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- Sweden (in a book by Astrid Lindgren)
- A tiger
- The scarecrow
- Washington Irving
- The House at Pooh Corner (1928)
Thank you for printing these children's books questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and trivia.