Welcome to our Christmas Quiz
Christmas Quiz Questions I
- In the 1947 Christmas comedy-drama Miracle on 34th Street, which actress plays the little girl brought up not to believe in Santa Claus?
- 'Driving Home for Christmas' was used in Christmas commercials for which supermarket chain in 1997, 1998, and 2011?
- Christmas Island, a territory of the Commonwealth of Australia, is located in which ocean?
- What was controversial about the images on the first commercially produced Christmas cards by Henry Cole in 1843?
- My Brother and I and Turkey Dinner were two Christmas Specials of which classic series?
- At the beginning of the first ever episode of The Simpsons, which song is sung by the kids of Springfield Elementary school at their annual Christmas pagent?
- Actress Martine McCutcheon plays a new junior member of the household staff at 10 Downing Street in which Christmas-themed film? And who directed this film?
- Who played the character Lee Christmas in The Expendables series of action films?
- On Boxing Day 1991 what was formally dissolved?
- Where did Del and Rodney go on holiday in a 1991 Only Fools and Horses Christmas special?
- In which country do many households have a KFC as their Christmas feast?
- Which retailer's 2014 Christmas advert featured the story of Christmas Day in 1914, when German and British soldiers called a truce and emerged from their trenches to play football and exchange gifts?
- In which British city is The Christmas Market and Craft Fair - it's the largest such market outside Germany and Austria?
- Which famous advertising phrase was created by Clarissa Baldwin?
- Natalie Wood
- Indian Ocean
- Showed a family drinking wine and also children drinking (advocates of temperance said it promoted drunkenness and many were outraged by children drinking)
- Dad's Army
- O Little Town of Bethlehem
- Love Actually. Richard Curtis was the director.
- Jason Statham
- The Soviet Union
- Miami, Florida
- A Dog is for Life, not just for Christmas
Christmas Quiz Questions II
- With 'over 30 sayings', what was the must have toy for Christmas 1996?
- Can you solve the following Christmassy anagrams: (a)Is a tin poet, (b)Drastic charms, (c)Tense aggressions, and (d)Deplored, he is the odder runner?
- In which country were Christmas trees first used to decorate homes?
- The American states of Georgia, Arizona, and Indiana all have towns that share which same Christmassy name?
- Traditionally, what name was given to the Sunday when families gather together in the kitchen of their homes to mix and steam Christmas pudding?
- Name the Christmas carol sung by Bing Crosby which is the third best-selling single of all-time?
- Popular in Victorian England at Christmas and also appearing in the Dickens' story A Christmas Carol, what is 'Smoking Bishop'?
- Which traditional Christmas carol is also known as Tidings of Comfort and Joy?
- In October 2012, Merry Christmas, Baby was the first Christmas album by which London born singer-songwriter?
- Which American state's Spanish translation means 'covered in snow'?
- Which 2004 Christmas comedy film is based on the John Grisham novel Skipping Christmas?
- What links Quentin Crips in 1993, Sharon Osbourne in 2002, Katie Piper in 2009, and whistleblower Edward Snowden in 2013?
- Buzz Lightyear
- (a)Poinsettia, (b)Christmas card, (c)Season's Greetings, and (d)Ruldolph the red-nosed reindeer
- Santa Claus
- Stir-up Sunday
- Silent Night
- A type of mulled wine
- God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
- Rod Stewart
- Christmas with the Kranks
- They've all read the alternative Christmas message (broadcast by Channel 4 since 1993)
Christmas Quiz Questions III
- Can you name following people born on Christmas Day from a short description and the year they were born: (a)English comedian, actor, and radio host (1944), (b)youngest man to reach 10,000 runs in Test cricket (1984), (c)American actor, Oscar winner and cultural icon (1899), and (d)born Denis Charles Pratt, English writer and raconteur (1908)?
- What is the French word for Christmas?
- In the popular Christmas movie Home Alone, to which country were Kevin's parents going on holiday?
- Invented in Nuremberg around 1610, what has individual parts called lametta?
- What first appeared in a 1939 booklet written by Robert May?
- Which Italian artist painted The Mystical Nativity?
- Which Sesame Street Muppets share their names with the policeman and the taxicab driver in the film It's a Wonderful Life?
- The Christmas favourite of 'Piggies in Blankets' is chipolata sausages wrapped in what?
- Who wrote the first ever Christmas message - it was for George V in 1932?
- The 2013 fantasy film Frozen was inspired by which Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale?
- Within five years, when was the world's first commercially produced Christmas card commissioned by Sir Henry Cole?
- Which famous playwright was frightened of Christmas?
- (a)Kenny Everett, (b)Alastair Cook, (c)Humphrey Bogart, (d)Quentin Crisp
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Sandro Botticelli
- Bert and Ernie
- Rudyard Kipling
- The Snow Queen
- Any answer between 1838 to 1848 (1843 was the date)
- Noel Coward (our apologies for this one being straight out of a Christmas cracker!)
Santa Claus's reindeers?
The commonly cited names of the reindeer that pull the sleigh of Santa Claus and help him deliver Christmas presents are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen. These names are from the 1823 poem A Visit from St. Nicholas (also called The Night Before Christmas).