Thanks for the visit. We are free but if you wish to support us in writing our quizzes:
Despite their name, Panama hats originated in Ecuador. Rottweilers, are named for the town they originated in, Rottweil in Germany, where they were used to herd livestock and pull carts.
Do you know the country of origin of the following?
- In which country did the thick Duffel cloth that Duffle coats are made from originate?
- In which country did turkeys originate?
- In which country did the rumba dance originate?
- Caesar Salad originated in which country?
- The game of squash has its origins where?
- Chihuahuas are popular tiny dogs but in which country were they bred more than 1,400 years before the first Europeans arrived?
- The Nokia company, known for its mobile phones, began life as a paper mill in which country?
- Photography as we know it today began in the late 1830s in which country?
- Ballet began around 1500 in which country?
- In which present-day country was Pilsner Beer created?
Country of Origin
- Belgium (produced in the town of Duffel, Belgium)
- UK or England (origins in the older game of rackets which was played in London's prisons in the 19th century. This was developed around 1830, by boys at the Harrow School.)
- Italy ('ballet' stems from the Italian word 'ballare', which means 'to dance'.)
- Czech Republic (in 1842 at a brewer in the town of Pilsen)
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.