Welcome to our Cricket Quiz Page
Cricket Questions and Answers
Quiz Questions I
- Which present England cricket international was born in Christchurch, New Zealand, before moving to England at the age of 12?
- Which legendary bowler had the nickname 'Whispering Death'?
- Who became the highest wicket-taker in Test cricket when he overtook Shane Warne's record on 3 December 2007?
- Which Australian media tycoon is best known for founding the break away World Series Cricket between 1977 and 1979?
- Which small village in rural Hampshire is known as the 'Cradle of Cricket' and was England's leading cricket club before the formation of the MCC?
- The Oval is the home ground of which county cricket club?
- In 1992, at the age of 19, who became the first overseas-born player to represent Yorkshire?
- How wide is the cricket wicket formed by the the three wooden stumps?
- Who was the first player to reach 10,000 Test runs?
- Which South African was chosen as the Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 2003?
- Which cricketer, with the nickname 'punter', is the only player in the history of Test cricket to be a part of 100 Test match wins?
- Which former England cricketer played for Papua New Guinea in the 2012 ICC World Twenty20 Qualifiers in the U.A.E.?
- Which cricket captained South Africa in the early nineties after playing 24 Tests for Australia in the eighties?
- Where is commonly referred to as the 'Home of Cricket'?
- Which first-class county club did Phil Tuffnel play for from 1986 to 2002?
- The 2016 ICC World Twenty20 was won by which country?
- In which country is Eden Gardens - it's the second largest cricket ground in the world?
- In 2000, who was the only specialist bowler selected by a panel of cricket experts as one of the five 'Wisden Cricketers of the Century'?
- Ben Stokes
- Michael Holding
- Muttiah Muralitharan (Sri Lanka)
- Kerry Packer
- Sachin Tendulkar
- 9 inches (and 28 inches tall)
- Sunil Gavaskar
- Shaun Pollock
- Ricky Ponting
- Geraint Jones
- Kepler Wessels
- Lords Cricket Ground
- West Indies
- Shane Warne
Cricket Quiz II
- What is the name of the television miniseries based on the 1932-33 Ashes tour?
- Who was Player of the Series for the the 2013–14 Ashes series?
- Angelo Mathews plays test cricket for which country?
- The SWALEC Stadium at Sophia Gardens is in which city?
- In yards, how far apart are the wickets?
- Who became club president of Yorkshire in 2014, replacing Geoffrey Boycott?
- Which Test venue has a Brian Statham End and a Stretford End?
- Which country achieved Test status in 1952?
- Which English cricketer has played county cricket for Warwickshire since 1999 and signed a new three-year contract in 2015?
- The Sheikh Zayed Stadium is in which country?
- Which Test player scored 380 six months before Brian Lara scored 400 to take back the highest individual score record in Test cricket?
- As of 2016, who is the only player to have scored one hundred international centuries?
- An incoming batsman must be ready to face a ball within how many minutes of the outgoing batsman being dismissed?
- During a 1979 Test between Australia and England, Dennis Lillee caused an outcry by using a bat made of which material?
- In January 2006, Andrew Flintoff was presented with Freedom of which English City?
- Mitchell Johnson
- Sri Lanka
- 22 yards
- Dickie Bird
- Old Trafford
- Ian Bell
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Matthew Hayden
- Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
- 3 minutes
- Aluminium (as a result, the laws were amended to specify that bats had to be made from wood)
Cricket Quiz III
- Grace Road is a cricket ground in which English city?
- Which New Zealand cricketer was named 'Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World' for 2015?
- W.G.Grace played for which county for nearly 30 years (1870–1899)?
- Which Australian domestic Twenty20 cricket tournament is also known as the BBL?
- As of 2016, West Indies batsman Brian Lara holds the highest individual score in Test cricket with 400 (not out) - which country did he score it against in 2004?
- Which English county did Kevin Pietersen play for between 2005 and 2010?
- Which English county did Ian Botham end his career with?
- Who captained the English team to a five nil defeat in the 2013/14 Ashes series?
- In which English cricket ground would you find the Kirkstall Lane End?
- Who captained Australia between 1975 and 1977?
- Who scored 501 not out for Warwickshire against Durham in 1994?
- As of 2015, which cricketer holds the record for most Test runs without a century?
- Which country's national team are nicknamed The Tigers?
- What was legendary umpire Dickie Bird's real first name?
- What name is given to an illegal delivery that reaches the batsman at around head height without bouncing?
- Kane Williamson
- Gloucestershire (and the 'WG' stands for William Gilbert)
- The Big Bash League
- England (he also scored 375 aagainst England 10 years ealier)
- Alastair Cook
- Greg Chappell
- Brian Lara
- Shane Warne
- A beamer
> Sport Quiz Questions
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.