10 Questions About Famous Documents
- Published in 1848, Friedrich Engels and Karl Marx wrote which famous document?
- Who is remembered for his large and stylish signature on the United States Declaration of Independence, so much so that his name has become a nickname for a person's signature?
- Name the document signed by a reluctant King John which is also known as the Great Charter of Freedoms? And in which year was it signed?
- The Vindolanda tablets, containing the earliest handwriting ever discovered in Britain, were excavated from the site of which famous landmark?
- What name first found in an official document in 1221 was given to the manuscript record of the "Great Survey" of much of England and Wales completed in 1086?
- What term is given to the first 10 Amendments to the Constitution, which spells out Americans’ rights in relation to their government?
- Who wrote The Ninety-five Theses in 1517? And can you name the university in which this author taught as a professor of moral theology?
- Which famous document, just 271 words long, begins with the now famous phrase "Four score and seven years ago"?
- What was the name of the document in which the Europeans asked for 22 billion dollars in aid from America in 1948? It was officially called the European Recovery Program.
- The largest medieval map still known to exist is displayed in which English cathedral?
- Communist Manifesto
- John Hancock
- Magna Carter. It was signed in 1215.
- Hadrian’s Wall (the Vindolanda fort at Hadrian’s Wall)
- Domesday (Domesday Book)
- The Bill of Rights
- Martin Luther. University of Wittenberg.
- Gettysburg Address
- Marshall Plan
- Hereford Cathedral (the Hereford Mappa Mundi)
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.