Finland has more forest than any other European country, however is nicknamed 'the land of the thousand lakes'. Fun fact - Finland is sauna mad! Estimates put the number of saunas at around two million, which is not bad for a population of 5.5 million.
- Name the capital city of Finland?
- Finland has two official languages, Finnish is one, what is the other?
- While most of the world calls Finland Finland, what do Finns call their country?
- What is the well known name of the largest and northernmost region of Finland?
- Which Finnish multinational electronics company started of as a paper mill in 1865?
- Which composer best-known for compositions such as Finlandia, is widely recognized as his country's greatest composer?
- The Winter War, which started in 1939 and lasted for three months, was a war between Finland and which country?
- Which city is the third largest city in Finland and also the largest inland centre in any of the Nordic countries?
- Which Finnish runner was called the "Flying Finn"? He dominated distance running in the early 20th century setting 22 official world records.
- Which hippo-like creatures were created by Finnish illustrator Tove Jansson?
- Jean Sibelius
- The Soviet Union (USSR), or Russia
- Paavo Nurmi