Flag Quiz I
- Romania shares an almost identical flag with which African country?
- Which country's national flag is inscribed with the motto 'Ordem e Progresso'?
- Which country's flag is famous for having an AK-47 gun featured on it?
- How many smaller stars are around the bigger star on the flag of China?
- In which part of the world would you find Saint Piran's Flag?
- In motor racing, which colour flag requires drivers to slow down due to a hazard on the track?
- Where in the world would you be if you saw the below flag flying over its capital city, Victoria?
- During the Second World War how did the American flag differ to today's version?
- If you turn the Indonesian flag upside down which European country's flag do you get?
- The flag of which country is the oldest national flag still in use?
- Which country has the only non-rectangular national flag?
- Can you name both the opening and closing Team GB flag bearers at the London 2012 Summer Olympics? (Two answers needed)
- Which American state has the Union Jack on its flag?
- New Zealander Sir Edmund Hillary and sherpa Tenzing Norgay from Nepal put up which flag when they reached the summit of Mount Everest?
- The flag below does not represent a country or region - what International movement does it represent?
- What animal is on the flag of The Falkland Islands?
- Chad (almost identical, both blue-yellow-red tricolours, with the blue being slightly lighter in one)
- Brazil (the national motto is 'order and progress')
- It's the flag of Cornwall
- It had only 48 stars (the 48 star flag was in use from 1912 to 1959)
- Nepal (t is a double triangle shape made by combining two pennants)
- Chris Hoy (opening) and Ben Ainslie (closing)
- British 'Union Jack' (the expedition was financed and organised by Britain)
- World Esperanto Association
- A sheep
FACT: Did you know that the study of flags is called vexillology?
World Flag Quiz
Identify these Flags of the World.
The following picture quiz is a fun way to increase your knowledge of flags. Just hover over the image to see which country the flag belongs to (if you're using a laptop) or scroll to the bottom of the page.
(1)Croatia, (2)Eithiopia, (3)Macedonia (4)Hungary, (5)Vietnam, (6)Bosnia and Herzegovina, (7)Mongolia, (8)North Korea, (9)Kuwait, (10)Indonesia, (11)Zimbabwe, (12)Philippines, (13)Cuba, (14)Belgium, and (15)Honduras.