Questions - learn about fonts
- The worlds's most popular font which in Latin means "Swiss".
- Font commissioned by the British newspaper The Times in 1931 and the best-known serif font in the world. Associated with journalism and publishers use it for books.
- Universally known as the world’s most hated font, this well-known font was designed by Vincent Connare in 1995.
- Designed for Microsoft Corporation in 1996, the name of the font is a combination of a word meaning green in colour and a girl's name.
- Font created in the 1950s for IBM typewriters which was called 'Messenger' but changed its name in the last minute.
- In typography, what name is given to a font family that do not have extending features called "serifs" at the end of strokes?
- What sort of type was first used by Aldus Manutius and his press in Venice in 1500?
- Designed for Microsoft Corporation in 1996, it is named after a medieval siege engine.
- Designed by Matthew Carter, named after an American state after Carter seen the state's name in a tabloid headline.
- Another popular font made for Microsoft, the name comes from the Native-American name for Mount Rainier.
- Times New Roman
- Comic Sans
- Verdana (from 'verdant' which means green and 'Ana')
- Sans-serif (or gothic, or simply sans)
- Italic type
- Trebuchet MS
- Georgia (the headline was: "Alien heads found in Georgia.")
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.