Football Quizzes with Answers
Football Quizzes 2
100 Football Questions
Football Quizzes 4
Football Quizzes 5
World Cup Trivia
- England first entered the Football World Cup in 1950; how many tournaments have they failed to qualify for since then?
- Name the football club with which Jose Mourinho first became a top-tier manager?
- Jamie Carragher made his first team debut for Liverpool under which manager?
- Ryan Giggs is the new Wales football manager, but in which sport was his father Danny Wilson a Welsh international?
- Can you name the only footballer born before 1960 to score a Premier League hat-trick (Hint: The Premier League was founded in 1992)?
- Which retail billionaire became owner of Newcastle United in 2007?
- In 2005, which two Newcastle United teammates were sent off for fighting against each other in United's Premiership match with Aston Villa?
- Which footballer was captain of Italy until his international retirement in 2017?
- Which Chelsea footballer played every minute of the season for the club when they won the domestic league in 2017?
- In 1997, which player was the first to score a hat-trick of headers in the Premier League?
- In the Northern Ireland Football League, name Belfast's 'Big Two' clubs?
- Who once said: "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea"?
- Which English club went 32 consecutive league games without a win in both the Premier League and Championship between September 2007 and September 2008?
- Sir Stanley Matthews's ashes were buried beneath the centre circle of which football club's ground in 2000?
- Tynecastle Park is the football stadium of which football club?
- Who was appointed team captain of Aston Villa for the 2017–18 season?
- The 2015/16 season was the first time which club recorded a positive goal difference in a top-flight season since 1988?
- In 2016/17, which football team became only the third to be top of the Premier League and relegated in the same season?
- Harry Kane was the first English player to win the Premier League Golden Boot since which other English footballer?
- As of 2018, name the largest football stadium in Essex?
- The Stadio Giuseppe Meazzaian in Milan is better known by what name?
- In 1970, in which country was England captain Bobby Moore accused (and later, totally exonerated) of the theft of a bracelet from a jewellers?
- Which player holds the record as the youngest player to play in a World Cup and also helped his country win the last ever British Home Championship in 1984?
- Can you name the English football clubs from the following nicknames: (a)Railwaymen, (b)the shakers, (c)the pirates, and (d)the throstles?
- There are many professional football clubs that have taken a Beatles song as their nickname; Villarreal in Spain are the most famous. Which Beatles' song do they take their nickname from?
- Three (1974 (West Germany), 1978 (Argentina) and 1994 (United States))
- Roy Evans (in 1997)
- Rugby League
- Gordon Strachan
- Mike Ashley (owner of Sports Direct)
- Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer
- Gianluigi Buffon
- Cesar Azpilicueta
- Duncan Ferguson (for Everton against Bolton Wanderers)
- Linfield FC and Glentoran
- Eric Cantona
- Derby County
- Stoke City's (the Britannia Stadium)
- Hearts (Heart of Midlothian)
- John Terry
- West Ham United
- Kevin Phillips (Sunderland, 1999-2000)
- Roots Hall (home of Southend United, but with plans to be replaced in the near future)
- San Siro
- Norman Whiteside
- (a)Crewe Alexandra, (b)Bury FC, (c)Bristol Rovers, and (d)West Bromwich Albion
- Yellow Submarine (their nickname is El Submarino Amarillo (The Yellow Submarine))
More sport questions...
> Sport Quiz
Thank you for printing this footballl quiz. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.