Welcome to our Football Quiz Questions Page
Football Quiz Questions I
- Who was sent home from the 2002 FIFA World Cup after a dispute with his national coach Mick McCarthy?
- Which Spanish club won La Liga in 2021?
- Which football club have played home matches at Brisbane Road since 1937?
- In May 2021, who captained Leicester City to victory over Chelsea in the FA Cup Final?
- Which football club did Gareth Southgate manage from 2006 to 2009?
- In 2007, Ajax decided to retire which number shirt in honour of Johan Cruyff?
- Which football club did Paul Gascoigne briefly manage in 2005?
- Which team moved into the light in 1997, following 99 years at Roker Park?
- In which city is Estadio Centinario located which hosted the finals of the first ever World Cup?
- Which European football club have England internationals Jude Bellingham and Jadon Sancho both played for?
- Which team rose from obscurity in the 1980s to the then top-flight First Division in 1986, just four seasons after being in the Fourth Division?
- Which star got to wear the 'number 10' Argentina jersey after the retirement of Maradona from the national squad?
- Paul Ince captained which football club from 1997 to 1999?
- Who managed Japanes club Nagoya Grampus Eight from 1994 to 1996?
- Which English striker scored a hat trick in the 1966 World Cup Final?
- Which Premiership club were the first to give up a shirt sponsorship fee in order to promote a charity beween 2008/2010?
- In which year did Maradona score his infamous 'Hand of God' goal?
- For which club did Scottish professional footballer Danny McGrain play?
- Who caused controversy after placing a large Galatasaray flag into the centre circle of the pitch of rivals Fenerbahce after the 1996 Turkish Cup final?
- Who scored England's first goal in their opening game of Euro 2020?
- Roy Keane
- Atletico Madrid
- Leyton Orient F.C.
- Kasper Schmeichel
- Number 14
- Kettering Town
- Montevideo (Uruguay)
- Borussia Dortmund
- Wimbledon F.C.
- Ariel Ortega
- Arsene Wenger
- Geoff Hurst
- Aston Villa
- 1986 (Mexico City)
- Graeme Souness
- Raheem Sterling (1-0 against Croatia)
- Which football club did English internationals Peter Shilton, John Gregory and Seth Johnson all once play for?
- Name the very northerly Scottish club that are based in Dingwall?
- Which English League club did Ian Botham once play for?
- Which English football team are nicknamed the 'Hornets'?
- Which former TV pundit is the highest goalscorer in the history of English top-flight football, with 357 goals?
- Name the only footballer to have played for Everton, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United?
- Of all teams in the English leagues, which one has the shortest name?
- Who was nicknamed 'The Divine Ponytail'?
- Which former football manager and player is known as 'Mr Bojangles'?
- Who is the only Scottish player to have been named European Footballer of the Year?
- Which team nicknamed the Minstermen played at Wembley Stadium in 1993, when they won the Third Division play-off final?
- Cristiano Ronaldo was born and raised on which Portuguese island?
- Derby County
- Ross County
- Scunthorpe United
- Jimmy Greaves
- Peter Beardsley
- Roberto Baggio
- Ron Atkinson
- Dennis Law
- York City
- Which German club did Kevin Keegan play for?
- Which club did Sir Alex Ferguson call "a small club, with a small mentality" in 2009?
- As of 2021, how many Premier League titles have Arsenal won?
- What was the originl name of Manchester United?
- West Bromwich Albion's club badge features a throstle perched on the branch of what sort of tree?
- Who is the English Premier League's all time leading goal scorer?
- Who did Barcelona sell to Real Madrid for 60 million Euros in 2000?
- Who became the first player to make 500 Premier League appearances in December 2006? And which team was this player playing for at the time?
- Which country hosted the 1970 World Cup?
- Who once said of of one of his favourite players: "Tommy Smith wasn't born, he was quarried"?
- Which club has the smallest stadium to ever appear in the Premier League?
- After retiring from Brazilian football, Pele made 74 appearances for which club?
- Hamburge SV
- Manchester City
- Newton Heath
- Alan Shearer
- Luis Figo
- Gary Speed. Bolton Wanderers.
- Wayne Rooney
- Bill Shankly
- Bournemouth (Dean Court)
- New York Cosmos
More related quizzes...
> Sport Quiz
Thank you for printing these football questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.