Did you know that the motto of the French Republic is 'Liberty, Equality, Fraternity'?
France Quiz Questions I
- What is the first name of President Macron?
- Which themed amusement park in France is based on the stories by Albert Uderzo and Rene Goscinny?
- Name the third-largest French city on the Mediterranean coast after Marseille and Nice?
- What was the main airport of Paris prior to the construction of Charles de Gaulle Airport?
- What was written in 1792 by Claude Joseph Rouget de Lisle in Strasbourg?
- Which French newspaper's title translates to 'The World' in English?
- Which French President formally opened the Channel Tunnel with Queen Elizabeth II?
- What do the French call The English Channel?
- The Chablis region is the northernmost wine district of the which French region?
- What title was given to the heir apparent to the throne of France from 1350 to 1791?
- Which city advertises itself as the 'Capital of the Alps', due to its size and its proximity to the mountain range?
- On which annual date is the public holiday called Bastille Day?
- In which city on the River Seine in the north of France was Joan of Arc executed?
- What word is French for snail?
- Parc Asterix
- La Marseillaise
- Le Monde
- President Mitterrand (in May 1994)
- La Manche (which translates to 'the sleeve')
- 14 July
France Quiz II
- Name the country's second largest city, after Paris?
- Which language has declined from more than a million speakers in the 1950s, to about 200,000 in the first decade of the 21st century?
- Can you name the flagship of the French Navy?
- What are inhabitants of the city of Lyon called?
- Which artist founded the Impressionist movement?
- Name the longest river in France?
- Designed by I.M. Pei, what has served as the main entrance to the Louvre Museum since 1989?
- Why is Millau in southern France in the Guinness Book of Records?
- Which artillery officer's trial and conviction in 1894 on charges of treason became one of the most well known political dramas in modern French history?
- In Paris, what is the Francilienne?
- Charles de Gaulle
- Claude Monet
- The Louvre Pyramid
- The Millau Viaduct is the tallest bridge in the world
- Alfred Dreyfus
- A motorway ringroad around Paris
France Trivia Questions III
- What was named by Romans as Sinus Cantabrorum and also, Mare Gallaecum?
- In which 'region' of France would you find Napoleon Bonaparte Airport?
- Best known for his book Les Propheties, in which century did Nostradamus live?
- Which high fashion luxury goods manufacturer has a logo consisting of a 'Duc carriage with horse'?
- Brigitte Bardot became world-famous in 1957 after starring in which controversial film?
- Which is the most populous and most northern French department?
- The University of Paris is better known by what name?
- Francois-Marie Arouet is better known by which nom de plume?
- Located on the French Riviera, which city is famous for it's annual film festival, and also hosted the G20 conference in 2011?
- Which French author lived in exile in Saint Peter Port, Guernsey, from 1855 until 1870?
- What name was given to the period of violence that occurred after the onset of the French Revolution?
- Why did Hamida Djandoubi unfortunately become famous on 10 September 1977?
- Bay of Biscay
- 16th Century (1503 – 1566)
- And God Created Woman
- The Sorbonne
- Victor Hugo
- The Reign of Terror (or Terror)
- Last person to be executed in France by guillotine
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.