Visit our main General Knowledge Quiz page.
General Knowledge Quiz I
- Which country is the natural habitat of the emu?
- Where in the world does the Up Helly Aa Fire Festival take place, which culminates in the burning of a Viking long ship?
- Which American film and television actress is best known for her role as Jennifer Hart in the 1980s television series Hart to Hart?
- In 1872, which country played England in the first ever international game of football?
- Who married comedian Les Dennis in 1995?
- Claire Richards was the lead singer in which dance-pop group?
- Who became First Minister of Scotland after Alex Salmond's resignation?
- Which Irish novelist was personal assistant of actor Henry Irving and business manager of the Lyceum Theatre in London?
- Which singer starred in the televison documentary From Riches to Rags?
- Who said: "The history of the world is but the biography of great men."?
- How many hurdles are there in a 400 metres hurdles race?
- In 1811, nearly a quarter of all the women in Britain were called what name?
- Lerwick, Shetland, Scotland
- Stefanie Powers
- Amanda Holden
- Nicola Sturgeon
- Bram Stoker
- Lily Allen (now Cooper)
- Thomas Carlyle
- For which Carry On Film were large parts shot on location in Snowdonia National Park, Wales?
- In darts, what is the lowest score not possible to score with one dart?
- Anzac Day, a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand, is celebrated in which month?
- Which Oxford college has no undergraduate members?
- What colour are gliders almost always painted?
- Who were the oldest and youngest members of the Beatles?
- Which band was formed by Pete Doherty during a hiatus from his former band The Libertines?
- What name is given to a tall, four-sided, narrow tapering monument which ends in a pyramid-like shape at the top?
- In which year was the half penny coin withdrawn from circulation?
- Who did lawyer Michelle Robinson marry on the 3rd of October 1992?
- Carry On Up the Khyber
- April (25th)
- All Souls
- White (to reduce solar heating)
- Ringo (oldest) and George Harrison (youngest)
- Barrack Obama
- Mary Ann Evans is better known by which pen name?
- Which English alternative rock band from Salford, formed in 1980, had Shaun Ryder on lead vocals?
- What everyday item was first used by Jonas Hanway?
- What aviation first was Ellen Church's claim to fame in 1930?
- What is produced in a ginnery?
- Fulgencio Batista was overthrown as the leader of which country in 1959?
- Author and vet Alfred White used what pen name?
- In 1980, who was given the Keys to Detroit for having donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to a local church?
- The bunyip is a large mythical creature associated with which country?
- Which gas makes up most of the Earth’s atmosphere?
- What's the Latin name given to short, detached, hair-like clouds found at high altitudes - in the day time, they are whiter than any other cloud in the sky?
- Which English impressionist, comic, actor, singer and writer is best known for BBC1's The Big Impression?
- George Eliot
- Happy Mondays
- The umbrella
- First air hostess
- James Herriot
- Saddam Hussein
- Alistair McGowan
Thank you for printing our general knowledge quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great general knowledge.