Thanks for the visit. We are free but if you wish to support us in writing our quizzes:
- What word means exactly the opposite of utopia?
- What word means the text or words of an opera?
- What name is given to a memory aid that helps you remember an idea or phrase with a pattern of letters, numbers, or relatable associations?
- What is a short story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson?
- In literature, what word starting with 'a' is an expression of insincere doubt?
- What word starting with 'p' repeats obvious, simple, and easily understood statements that have little emotional weight or meaning?
- Which word, originally French for the sound of a printing plate, is a saying or idea which has been used so much that it sounds very uncreative?
- What German word means an exact double of a living person and literally translates to "double walker"?
- What word starting with 'c' is a difficult problem, one that is impossible or almost impossible to solve?
- What describes a series of words in quick succession that all start with the same letter or sound?
- What word describes a short statement about a deceased person, often carved on their tombstone?
- What is a comedy in which everything is absolutely absurd?
- A parable
- A platitude
- A farce
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.