- The Guardian was founded in which English city by merchant John Edward Taylor?
- The Guardian Weekly and which Sunday newspaper are sister papers to The Guardian?
- Which journalist worked for many years at the paper before joining the BBC as social affairs editor in the late 1980s, then rejoining The Guardian in 1998?
- The newspaper strongly opposed military intervention during which 1956 conflict?
- The Guardian's 19th century launch was on the very same day as which historical figure's death?
- At the start of which year did the newspaper relaunch in a new tabloid format from its mid-sized Berliner format?
- In 2011 The Guardian was named Newspaper of the Year at the Press Awards for its partnership with which international non-profit organisation founded by Australian Julian Assange?
- What nickname was given to The Guardian by the magazine Private Eye because of its past reputation for typos?
- In 1983 civil servant Sarah Tisdall anonymously sent The Guardian photocopied documents detailing the arrival of what to the UK?
- Who wrote in Homage to Catalonia in 1938: "Of our larger papers, the Guardian is the only one that leaves me with an increased respect for its honesty"?
- Which author of the 2011 book, Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class, also writes a column for The Guardian?
- About which war that started in 1988 did the Guardian state: "the only honourable course for Europe and America is to use military force"?
- Manchester (it was known as The Manchester Guardian until renamed The Guardian in 1959)
- The Observer
- Polly Toynbee
- The Suez Crisis
- Napoleon Bonaparte's (on 5 May 1821)
- The Grauniad
- American cruise missile nuclear weapons
- George Orwell
- Owen Jones
- Kosovo War
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.