Thanks for the visit. We are free but if you wish to support us in writing our quizzes:
Hat Quiz I
- Which historical figure would you most associate with the stovepipe hat?
- Which sort of cap would you associate with fictional private detective Sherlock Holmes?
- What name is given to the designing and manufacture of hats?
- What name is given to the traditional Scottish bonnet worn by men that derives its name from the hero of a 1790 Robert Burns poem?
- Oddjob uses his razor-edged bowler hat as a weapon in which 1964 James Bond movie?
- Which hat is named after the city that produced the dye, made from crimson berries, to colour the hat?
- Which British Prime Minister regularly wore a type of Homburg hat, which became associated with his name?
- What name is given to the traditional ceremonial head-dress of bishops?
- What is the Spanish word for hat?
- "Mad as a hatter" is a phrase believed to come from men suffering from dementia symptoms due to working with what product used in 19th-century hat manufacturing?
- Abraham Lincoln
- A deerstalker cap
- A tam o' shanter
- Anthony Eden
Hat Quiz II
- What kind of hat did Humphrey Bogart wear in the film Casablanca?
- Which headwear gets its name from the a battle in the Crimean War?
- Which tall, furry hat of the Brigade of Guards' full-dress uniform is sometimes mistakenly identified as a busby?
- Which hat is also known as the 'Boss of the Plains'?
- What's the name of the brimless cap, usually made of cloth, worn by male Jews?
- The campaign hat is most commonly associated with which organization?
- What's the name of the Russian hat with its characteristic earflaps? It derives its name from the Russian word for 'ears'.
- Which sort of hat is associated with Che Guevara?
- What hat derives its name from the stage adaptation of a George du Maurier 1894 novel?
- Which hat do you associate with barbershop quartets?
- A kippah or yarmulke
- The Mounties or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Hat Trivia III
- What name is given to the act of tipping one's hat as a cultural expression of respect or acknowledgement between two people?
- Who wrote the lyrics: "In your Easter bonnet with all the frills upon it, you'll be the grandest lady in the Easter parade"?
- Which band said, "there's fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap", in their song Time for Heroes?
- Which lady's hat popular in the 1920s gets its name from its shape, which is the French word for "bell"?
- Jacqueline Kennedy, First Lady of the United States from 1961 to 1963, was well known for wearing which sort of hat? She was wearing a pink one on the day of her husband President John F. Kennedy's assassination.
- What sort of helmet, also known as the safari helmet, is associated with European explorers and travellers in the warm climates of Africa and Southeast Asia?
- Who would normally wear a toque blanche?
- What four letter name is given to the cap with a flat circular top and a peak most commonly associated with French police and military uniforms, with versions worn by American Civil War soldiers?
- What's the name of the hat widely associated with Napoleon Bonaparte and worn by European and American military officers of the same era?
- Panama hats are made and originated in which South American country?
- A classic chef's hat has how many folds?
- Irving Berlin
- The Libertines
- Cloche hat
- Pillbox hat
- Pith helmet
- A chef (toque is actually an Arabic word for hat.)
- Bicorne or bicorn
- 100 (which are said to symbolize the number of ways a chef can prepare or cook an egg)
Thank you for printing these hats questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and trivia.