- Three queens have been executed in the Tower of London - can you name them?
- In 1712 Jane Wenham became the last woman to be condemned for which crime in England?
- The last time France carried out an execution by guillotine was in which decade?
- Who was the last person hanged for High Treason in the United Kingdom? (Hint: it was on the 3rd of January, 1946)
- Can you name the only English king to be executed in England?
- Whose beheading in 1587 took three blows of the axe?
- What was the name of the last woman to be hanged in the United Kingdom?
- On January 30, 1606, to avoid being hung, drawn, and quartered, who jumped from the ladder to the hanging platform and broke his neck, dying instantly?
- In the New Testament, what did Salome, the daughter of Herod II demand?
- What was the last name of Jack, an infamous English executioner employed by King Charles II? And what was the first name of Mr. Pierrepoint, an English hangman whose 25-year career ended in 1956?
- Anne Boleyn (1536), Catherine Howard (1542) and Lady Jane Grey (1554)
- 1970s (1977)
- William Joyce, better known as "Lord Haw Haw"
- King Charles I (in 1649)
- Mary, Queen of Scots
- Ruth Ellis (in 1955)
- Guy Fawkes
- The head of John the Baptist
- Ketch (Jack Ketch) and Albert (Albert Pierrepoint)
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.