Welcome to our History Quizzes and Trivia Pages
History Quiz 7
History Quiz 6
History Quiz 5
History Quiz 4
History Quiz 3
History Quiz 2
History Quiz 1
- Edward of Woodstock, the eldest son of King Edward III, was given which nickname after the Battle of Crecy?
- Who was the last King of France before the French Revolution?
- By what name do we better know the infantry assault ordered by Confederate General Robert E. Lee against Major General George Meade's Union positions on the last day of the Battle of Gettysburg?
- What name was given to the extensive system of coastal fortifications built by Nazi Germany along the coast of continental Europe, between 1942 and 1944?
- What name is given to a set piece battle in which both sides choose the fighting location and time, for example, the last such battle between Scottish and English armies was the Battle of Pinkie Cleugh in 1547?
- Catherine of Braganza was the wife of which king of England?
- Which British archaeologist was funded by Lord Carnavon in his 1922 discovery of Tutankhamun's nearly intact tomb?
- Which geological period is named after the Celtic tribe located in present-day North Wales and England that were conquered by the Romans in the campaign of AD 77–78?
- The 1950s saw four different British Prime Ministers, which one served most years in the top job during this decade?
- What term is used to refer to the soldiers and explorers of the Spanish Empire that colonized much of the world for Spain in the 16th to 18th centuries?
- Germany's V-2 rockets, the first man-made objects to travel into space, were aimed at three British places; London was the main target, but can you name the cathedral city and county town where V-2 rockets also landed? (2 answers)
- Who was the leader of the Antarctic expedition which was the first to reach the South Pole, in December 1911?
- In which European country was there a civil war from 1946 to 1949?
- Which three countries invaded Egypt during the 1956 Suez Crises?
- Who was king of England from 1016 to 1035?
- Name the 1823 United States policy that opposed European colonialism in the Americas whilst not interfering in the internal affairs of Europe?
- Who was the only one of Henry VIII's wives to receive a queen's funeral?
- In which battle was the last time a British monarch personally led his troops on the field?
- In which country did Stalin, Roosevelt, and Churchill meet from 28 November to 1 December 1943, a conference that preceeded the World War II meetings in Yalta and Potsdam of the "Big Three" Allied leaders?
- To two years either side, how old was Napolean when he died?
- The Black Prince
- Louis XVI (16th)
- Pickett's Charge
- The Atlantic Wall
- A pitched battle
- Charles II
- Howard Carter
- Ordovician (named after the Ordovices)
- Sir Winston Churchill (1951 to 1955)
- Norwich and Ipswich (1402 rockets were fired at the UK: London (1358), Norwich (43), and Ipswich (1))
- Roald Amundsen
- Israel, followed by the United Kingdom and France
- Canute (or Cnut)
- The Monroe Doctrine
- Jayne Seymour
- The Battle of Dettingen (in 1743 George II led his troops)
- Any age between 49 and 53 years inclusive is correct (he was 51, and it's thought he died of stomach cancer or a stomach ulcer)
> Kings and Queens Quiz
> World War Two Quiz
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.