Welcome to our History Quiz Page
History Quiz 2
History Quiz 3
History Quiz 4
History Quiz 5
History Quiz 6
History Quizzes and Answers
History Quiz Questions
- In 1904, the Japanese fleet made a surprise attack against which country's ships at Port Arthur?
- Which Victorian Scottish philosopher claimed that "History is nothing but the biography of the Great Man"?
- Which Chinese teacher and philosopher is traditionally credited with having authored all of the Five Chinese Classics?
- Until 1962, for over 100 years the French Foreign Legion's headquarters were in which country?
- Who in 1324 was buried in the church of San Lorenzo in Venice?
- How was Edward of Woodstock, the eldest son of Edward III, better known?
- What was the World War II codename for the operation of deception employed by the Allied states before the 1944 D-Day landings?
- Which English king reigned for 50 years, the second longest in medieval England, and was monarch during the ravages of the Black Death?
- Name the commander of the American Expeditionary Force on the Western Front in World War I?
- The meaning of the name Geronimo, is 'one who ....'?
- How is Yugoslav communist revolutionary and statesman Josip Broz better known?
- Which battle in the First War of Scottish Independence ruined William Wallace's military reputation and led to his resignation as Guardian of Scotland?
- Before his death in Newark in 1216, which king requested to be buried at Worcester cathedral?
- Which country withdrew from the Warsaw Pact in 1968?
- What was the name of Edward II's wife, sometimes described as the She-Wolf of France?
- Which Empire was founded in 1526 in the Indian subcontinent?
- The Grand Duchy of Finland was part of which empire between 1809 and 1917?
- The 1863 Battle of Gettysburg was fought in which American State?
- Which English painter and engineer constructed the first Eddystone lighthouse and died there during the Great Storm of 1703?
- The Battle of the Plains of Abraham (sometimes known as the Battle of Quebec) was a pivotal battle in which war?
- Where did Elizabeth I deliver the words 'I know that I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king'?
- What name was given to the series of trials started in August 1685 after the Battle of Sedgemoor, which ended the Monmouth Rebellion?
- Thomas Carlyle
- Marco Polo
- The Black Prince
- Operation Bodyguard
- Edward III
- John Pershing
- One who yawns
- Marshal Tito
- Battle of Falkirk
- King John
- The Mughal Empire
- Russian Empire
- Henry Winstanley
- The Seven Years' War (1756 to 1763)
- The Bloody Assizes
History quiz links..
> Kings and Queens Quiz
> World War Two Quiz
Thank you for printing these history quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.