Iceland is the land of volcanoes and glaciers, lakes and mountains, waterfalls and geysers. It's the second largest island in Europe after Great Britain and is known as 'the land of fire and ice'.
- Name the capital and largest city in Iceland?
- In 2008, UNESCO declared Surtsey a World Heritage Site - what is it?
- Iceland gained full independence from which country in 1944?
- Which Icelandic musician had a hit in 1995 with "It's Oh So Quiet"?
- Yes or no? Does Iceland have a public railway system?
- How many Mcdonalds restaurants are there in Iceland?
- What is the only species of land mammal native to Iceland?
- In which year did an Icelandic volcano eruption cause massive flight cancellations around Europe?
- What name was given to Iceland's 1970's fishing disputes with the United Kingdom?
- In which sport did Iceland men's national team win a silver medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics? This sport is often considered to be Iceland's national sport.
- The match took place in 1972 in the Laugardalsholl arena in Iceland and has been dubbed the Match of the Century - in what game?
- What is the population of Iceland: 350,000, 1.5 million, or 3.5 million?
- What two colours are in the cross on Iceland's flag?
- Which famous Icelandic-born British-based journalist, writer, and television presenter was born in Reykjavík in 1929?
- An island (a new island formed by a volcanic eruption in 1963)
- No - there are no trains in Iceland
- The Arctic fox
- White and red
- Magnus Magnusson
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.