Lancs Quiz I
- Which city is the administrative centre of Lancashire?
- Which town is the most populated in Lancashire?
- Which Lancashire town was famed for manufacturing the hardest bricks in the world? It was also smallest town in England with a Football League club until Fleetwood got promoted in 2012.
- In early 1945 Carnforth Station was the filming location of which iconic film?
- Which soft drink was created in 1908 by Noel Nichols of Blackburn, a wholesaler of herbs, spices and medicines?
- Which town is famous primarily for its bus and truck manufacture?
- Name the county town of Lancashire?
- Which motorway connects Preston to Blackpool and is just 11.5 miles long?
- Which Lancashire government district occupies the largest area of Lancashire, whilst also having the smallest population? (Its council is based in Clitheroe.)
- What did 18th-century Lancashire weaver and carpenter James Hargreaves invent?
- Complete the George Formby song: "With My Little Stick of... "?
- Which infamous event took place at St Peter's Field, Manchester, in 1819, when cavalry charged into a large crowd?
- A Graham Ibbeson statue of which comedian stands in the performer’s seaside hometown?
- Which British Prime Minister was born in Chorlton-on-Medlock, which was historically in the county of Lancashire?
- Which area has been designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty since 1964 and was once described as the "Switzerland of England"?
- Accrington (Fleetwood, the second smallest town in England with a League club until the promotion of Forest Green Rovers in 2017, is also in Lancashire)
- Brief Encounter
- Ribble Valley
- Spinning Jenny
- Blackpool Rock
- The Peterloo Massacre
- Eric Morecambe
- David Lloyd George
- Forest of Bowland
Lancashire Quiz II
- Where in Lancashire did the worldwide co-operative movement begin in Toad Lane in 1844?
- Which seaside resort on the Fylde coast of Lancashire is also notable for hosting golf's Open Championship more than 10 times?
- Who wrote the 1937 book The Road to Wigan Pier, which investigates the bleak living conditions among the working class in Lancashire and Yorkshire?
- The trials of which witches in 1612 are among the most famous witch trials in English history?
- Dame Gracie Fields was born over a fish and chip shop in Rochdale - what was her most famous song?
- Who served as the Member of Parliament for Blackburn from 1979 to 2015?
- In which decade was Blackpool Tower first opened to the public?
- Which town in West Lancashire, on the River Tawd, 6 miles west of Wigan, was designated as a new town in 1961?
- Which football club plays Blackburn Rover's in the East Lancashire derby?
- Name the university based in Ormskirk, Lancashire?
- Which bay just to the south of the Lake District National Park is also the largest expanse of intertidal mudflats and sand in the UK?
- In which 1961 film do three Lancashire farm children discover a bearded fugitive hiding in their barn and mistake him for Jesus Christ?
- What is the name of the 1910 pit disaster in Westhoughton, Lancashire, in which 344 men and boys lost their lives in an explosion?
- The United Kingdom’s first motorway was opened in 1958 to bypass where?
- Which brand of mechanical carpet sweepers were founded in Accrington, Lancashire, in the late 19th-century?
- Lytham St Annes
- George Orwell
- The Pendle witches
- Jack Straw
- 1890s (May 1894)
- Edge Hill University
- Morecambe Bay
- Whistle Down the Wind
- The Pretoria Pit disaster
Wimbledon Trivia III
There are more tennis quiz questions coming soon.
Thank you for printing these Wimbledon questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and trivia.