Maths Quiz Questions and Answers
- The Lucasian Chair of Mathematics is a mathematics professorship at which university?
- What name is given to the middle value when a list of numbers is put in order from smallest to largest?
- If a brick weighs 1kg and half a brick; how heavy is the brick?
- In geometry, what name is given to a point where two or more curves, lines, or edges meet?
- 'For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction' is one of Newton's Laws of motion, which number law?
- What force in Newtons is needed for a mass of 10 kilograms to accelerate at a velocity of 5 metres per second squared?
- In a business meeting of 6 people, how many handshakes would there be if everyone shook hands?
- A bottle of wine costs £10. If the wine costs £9 more than the bottle, how much does the bottle cost?
- What is the first name of French mathematician Pascal, of Pascal's traingle fame? And what about the last name of German mathematician 'Carl Friedrich....'?
- What name is given to a straight line drawn from one point on the edge of a circle to another?
- What is the value of each interior angle of a pentagon?
- If a laptop costs £800 'before' VAT, and VAT is 20%, what is the total price of the laptop?
- University of Cambridge
- Third law
- 50 Newtons
- 15 handshakes
- Blaise. And (Carl Friedrich) Gauss.
- A chord (a diameter is a chord that cuts through the circle's centre)
- 108 degrees
Maths Questions II
- What is defined as 'the study of mathematical models of conflict and cooperation between intelligent rational decision-makers'?
- What name is given to the longest side of a right angled triangle?
- In mathematics, what is the inverse operation to exponentiation?
- The value of what is 9 point 8 metres per second squared?
- The volume of water flowing into a bath doubles every minute. If the bath is full in 5 minutes, after how many minute was it half full?
- What name is given to a sequence where each following number is the sum of the previous two?
- The volume of which solid object is given by the formula four thirds times pi times the radius cubed?
- What name is given to the value that occurs most often in a list of numbers?
- Which mathematical symbol was invented in 1557 by Robert Recorde?
- Give the value of the tenth prime number?
- In mathematics, what name is given to a rectangular array of numbers arranged in rows and columns?
- What name is commonly given to a triangle with no sides of equal length and no equal angles?
- Game Theory
- 4 minutes
- The equals sign
- 29 (2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29)
Maths Questions III
- What is 15 per cent of 360?
- 6, 28, 496, and 8128 are examples of what?
- What is the value of 4 to the power of 0?
- Starting with the letter 'c' if you can place a shape exactly on top of another what are they said to be?
- How many sides does a nonagon have?
- Who developed calculus independently of Sir Isaac Newton?
- What is the square root of 729?
- What standard unit of angular measure is just over 57 degrees?
- A quotient is the result of which arithmetical operation?
- Which Greek mathematician is often referred to as the 'father of geometry'?
- Which English mathematician, often regarded as the first computer programmer, was the only legitimate child of the poet Lord Byron?
- Which German mathematician is best known for his laws of planetary motion?
- Perfect Numbers
- Gottfried Leibniz
- Ada Lovelace
- Johannes Kepler
Maths related quizzes...
> Science Quiz Questions
Thank you for printing these maths quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.