Questions - learn about Mexico
- Which famous distilled beverage associated with Mexico is made from the blue agave plant?
- The coat of arms of Mexico depicts whch two animals?
- What is the Mexican name for the peninsula that Americans call Lower California?
- A symbol of Mexican popular culture, 'lucha libre' is basically which sport with masks on?
- Is the population of Mexico: (a) 89 million, (b) 109 million, or (c) 129 million?
- Who was was the last fully independent ruler of the Aztec empire?
- Starting with the letter 'H', what is the most common surname in Mexico?
- What is the longest river in Mexico?
- Cholula, 63 miles south-east of Mexico City, is known for the world's largest what?
- What name is given to a decorated container, often made of papier-mache, filled with sweets, and then broken as part of a celebration?
- Which large peninsula in southeastern Mexico lies adjacent to Belize and Guatemala?
- Which Mexican dish consists of a tortilla that is filled primarily with cheese, and sometimes meats, spices, and other fillings, and then cooked on a griddle or stove?
- Tequila (made primarily in the area surrounding the city of Tequila)
- A golden eagle devouring a rattlesnake
- Baja California
- (c) 129 million
- Montezuma (which translated, means 'Angry Like A Lord’)
- Rio Grande (also known as, Río Bravo del Norte or Río Bravo)
- Largest pyramid or largest monument (the Quetzalcoatl Pyramid)
- A pinata
- The Yucatan Peninsula
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.