Welcome to our Music Quiz Page
Music Quiz Questions I
- Which music festival that takes place annually in Suffolk was founded in 1948 by the composer Benjamin Britten?
- Which English conductor is best known for his association with the Proms?
- Who composed the 1964 Petula Clark hit 'Downtown'?
- Who wrote the musical score for the 1966 British film 'Born Free'?
- 'I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray' is the first line of which well known pop song?
- Which British-American supergroup consisted of Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Roy Orbison, Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty?
- Which Queen of Country Pop said the 2015 'The Rock This Country Tour' would be her last ever tour?
- By what name is Curtis James Jackson III better known?
- Who was the co-founder and lead vocalist of the band 'No Doubt'?
- Who is the oldest of the Spice Girls?
- Which Dave Clark Five single knocked the Beatles' 'I Want to Hold Your Hand' off the top of the UK Singles Chart in 1964?
- 'Up All Night' was the debut studio album of which pop group?
- Aldeburgh Festival
- Sir Henry Wood
- Tony Hatch
- John Barry
- 1999 (by Prince)
- The Traveling Wilburys
- Shania Twain
- 50 Cent
- Gwen Stefani
- Geri Horner (was Halliwell)
- Glad All Over
- One Direction
Music Quiz Questions II
- Which soul band's hits included 'Emma', 'So You Win Again' and 'Brother Louie'?
- In which American state was Madonna born?
- Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, and Davy Jones, whose missing?
- In 2013, who resumed his career with his third and fourth albums The 20/20 Experience and The 20/20 Experience – 2 of 2, exploring new soul styles with 1960s and 1970s rock?
- In May 2015, who dressesd up as George Michael to celebrate their 27th birthday and posted the snaps on Twitter?
- Actor Rhys Ifans is a former member of which Welsh rock band?
- Dolly Parton had a 1981 hit with which song from the film of the same name?
- Whose debut single, 'Swagger Jagger', was released in July 2011?
- Which group had a 1980s hit with the song Ghost Town?
- Which Little Mix singer dated former One Direction member Zayn Malik?
- Hot Chocolate
- Peter Tork (all members of the Monkees)
- Justin Timberlake
- Super Furry Animals (also accept The Peth)
- 9 to 5
- Cher Lloyd
- The Specials
- Perrie Edwards
Music Trivia III
- Jimmy Page is an English musician who formed which rock band in 1968?
- How many strings does a violin usually have?
- Which English rock band, formed in London in 1969, takes its name from a fictional character in David Copperfield?
- In which American city was Elvis discovered dead in 1977?
- Which singer starred as Petty Officer Cora Raikes in the film Battleship?
- Who was Dionne Warwick's most famous cousin?
- In which European city was Swedish pop group ABBA formed in 1972?
- American musician Michael Lee Aday is better known by what stage name?
- Which X-Factor winner released the winner's single When We Collide?
- Who rose to fame in 2008 with the release of the single I Kissed a Girl?
- Led Zeppelin
- Uriah Heep
- Whitney Houston
- Matt Cardle
- Katy Perry
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.