Music Quizzes and Answers
Music Quiz Questions
- Yvette Marie Stevens' career began in the 1970s as lead vocalist of the funk band Rufus, how is she better known?
- Which song was the Beatle's first American number 1 hit?
- What was the longest running number-one single in the UK of the 1980s?
- Which American rock band got its name from the various mysterious aerial phenomena reported by Allied aircraft pilots during World War II?
- He played a key role in the transition from the blues to rock and roll, but by what name was American R&B singer Ellas McDaniel better known?
- Allan Pineda Lindo, known professionally as apl.de.ap, is best known as a member of which hip hop group?
- Which electronic band, formed in Essex in 1980, consisted of Dave Gahan, Martin Gore and Andy Fletcher?
- Which author is mentioned in the lyrics of 'Don't Stand So Close to Me' by the Police?
- Whose got a lovely daughter in a popular song by Herman's Hermits?
- 'Rock Me Amadeus' is a 1985 song by which Austrian musician?
- What is the name of the British rock festival, held annually at Donington Park in Leicestershire?
- 'Okay, so you're Brad Pitt' is a line from which song?
- Which song originally recorded by Roger Whittaker in 1982 was also performed by Bette Midler for the soundtrack to the film Beaches?
- On August 4, 2017, the official music video for which single became the most viewed YouTube video of all time after receiving its 3 billionth view?
- By what name is Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor known professionally?
- 'Happy' is a song written, produced, and performed by which American singer and record producer?
- 'Beautiful Liar' is a song recorded jointly by American singer Beyonce and which Colombian singer?
- B.J. Thomas is best known for which Burt Bacharach and Hal David song?
- Which group had a string of hits throughout the mid-1960s, including 'For Your Love' and 'Heart Full of Soul'?
- In 1981, which unemployment-themed single was a number one hit in the UK Singles Chart?
- Chaka Khan
- I Want to Hold Your Hand
- Two Tribes
- Foo Fighters
- Bo Diddley
- The Black Eyed Peas
- Depeche Mode
- Vladimir Nabokov
- Mrs. Brown
- Download Festival
- That Don't Impress Me Much (by Shania Twain)
- Wind Beneath My Wings
- Pharrell Williams
- Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head
- The Yardbirds
- Ghost Town
More quiz links...
Thank you for printing these music quiz questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.