What are New Year tie-breakers?
Use our New Year tiebreakers to settle your holiday quizzes that end with the same score. All the questions have a 2021 theme.
New Year Tiebreakers
- In March 2021, how many days was the Suez Canal blocked for after the grounding of a container ship?
- Bill and Melinda Gates got divorced - how many years were they married for?
- Debenhams shut their doors for the final time after how many year since they first started trading?
- Barbados became the world's newest republic. In miles, how long is the island of Barbados?
- Sue Barker was the host of 'A Question of Sport' for how many years?
- In September, the Jersey Government announced to French outrage that how many licence applications had been rejected out of the 170 received?
- How many silver medals did Great Britain win at the Olymic Games held in 2021?
- In perecentage, what was the turnout in the Old Bexley and Sidcup by-election on 2 December 2021?
- How many goals did England score in the UEFA European Championships? (Note: this does not include extra-time penalty shoot-outs)
- How many millions did Captain Sir Tom Moore raise for the NHS?
- A Ford Escort once owned by Princess Diana sold at auction to a museum in Chile for how many thousands?
- Germany's Angela Merkel served as Chancellor in a caretaker capacity until December 2021 - how old was she on stepping down?
- On 9 August 2021, Tower Bridge remained open after a technical failure for approximately how many hours?
- The contactless payment limit increased to £100 in 2021, in 2010 contactless became ever more popular and the limit was increased to what amount in that year?
- ABBA was in the news in 2021 with the release of their new album. How many number ones have ABBA had in the UK?
- Six days
- 27 years
- 240 years
- 21 miles long
- 24 years as host
- 75 rejected
- 21 silver medals
- 34% (33.5% rounded up)
- 11 goals
- 33 million pounds
- 52 thousands - £52,000
- 67 years old
- 12 hours
- 15 pounds
- Nine number ones