November Quiz I
- What name was given to the revolution that took place through an armed insurrection in Petrograd on 7 November, 1917?
- What are the two zodiac signs for the month of November?
- Which mineral is an eight on Mohs scale of hardness, with the orange variety being both the state gemstone of Utah and the birthstone for November?
- Which group had a hit with 'November Rain'?
- Which flower's name derives from the Greek words meaning golden flower? It's also the birth flower for November.
- In literature, who was born in Wattenscheid, Germany, on November the 11th?
- Bonfire Night is celebrated on the 5th of November, but in which year was the Gunpowder Plot?
- Is Thanksgiving Day in America celebrated on the first, second, third or fourth Thurday in November?
- The November class of submarine was a nuclear-powered attack submarine in service from 1958 to 1990 for which country?
- The national Remembrance Sunday ceremony is held in the UK at 11 a.m. on the second Sunday in November at the Cenotaph on Whitehall. Who designed the Cenotaph?
- On the 28th of November 1919, Nancy Astor becomes Britain’s first woman MP. She was elected Member of Parliament for which city?
- "The house was very quiet, and the fog—we are in November now—pressed against the windows like an excluded ghost." is a line from which book that was first published in 1910?
- The October Revolution
- Scorpio (October 24 – November 22) and Sagittarius (November 23 – December 21)
- Guns N' Roses
- James Bond
- Fourth Thursday
- Russia or the Soviet Union
- Edwin Lutyens
- Howard's End (by E.M. Forster)
November Trivia II
- What day is celebrated on 1 November by the Roman Catholic Church?
- The Day of the Dead is a holiday celebrated throughout which country on November the 2nd each year?
- In which city was John F. Kennedy assassinated on November 22, 1963?
- On which day in November is Saint Andrew's Day?
- N in the NATO phonetic alphabet is November, how many other letters are represented by months of the year in this alphabet?
- What number month was November in the ancient Roman calendar?
- What name is given to the month-long moustache-growing event launched each year in November to fundraise for charity?
- Which United States National Holiday is held annually on November 11?
- What officially opened for the first time on November 17, 1869?
- What was the name given to the famous speech made by Abraham Lincoln on November 19, 1863?
- All Saints' Day (also known as All Hallows' Day, Hallowmas, or the Feast of All Saints)
- 30th of November
- None (just November)
- Ninth (November retains its name from the Latin novem, meaning "nine".)
- Veterans Day
- The Suez Canal
- The Gettysburg Address
There are more 'months of the year' trivia in our 'Quizzes Galore' section.