What happened on February 17th - events and birthdays quiz.
February 17 Quiz Questions
- On February 17th, 1867, the first ship passed through where?
- On this day in 1854, the United Kingdom recognized the independence of which Boer sovereign republic in Southern Africa?
- In 1972, the cumulative sales of which car surpassed that of the previous record holder, the Ford Model T?
- In 1904, which opera received its premiere at La Scala in Milan?
- It's Ed Sheeran's birthday, how old did he become on February 17th, 2021?
- In which war did The H. L. Hunley become the first submarine to engage and sink a warship?
- In 2008, which partially-recognised state declared independence from Serbia?
- Which Apache leader whose name means 'the one who yawns' died from pneumonia after a fall from his horse in 1909?
- On this day in 1996, world chess champion Garry Kasparov beat which supercomputer with a colour related name?
- What did Julius Wolff in Eastport, Maine, do to sardines in 1876?
- On February 17, 2002, who wed theatre company manager Percy Gibson at Claridge's Hotel in London?
- In 1972, the British Parliament voted to join what?
- The Suez Canal
- The Orange Free State
- Volkswagen Beetle
- Madama Butterfly (by Giacomo Puccini)
- American Civil War (on February 17th, 1864)
- Deep Blue
- First to can them
- Joan Collins
- The Common Market