Phrases and Terms
- What method of transportation is shanks pony?
- How many bread rolls would you get in a baker's dozen?
- What does the term the Fourth Estate refer to?
- What is China's Sorrow?
- To overcome a great difficulty in a direct or forceful way is to cut what knot?
- What is the Old Lady of Threadneedle Street?
- An order given aboard navy ships to issue the crew with an alcoholic drink was called splicing the what?
- Historically, to enlist in the British Army was to take the King's what?
- The Thin Red Line is an English phrase taken from an episode in which battle?
- Which Ancient Greek phrase meaning 'the many' or 'the masses' is often used in modern English?
- The press or media
- The Yellow River
- Gordian knot
- Bank of England
- Mainbrace (Splicing the mainbrace)
- Battle of Balaclava (1854)
- Hoi polloi
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.