Pot Luck Quiz Questions I
- Name the abused, underpaid clerk of Ebenezer Scrooge in Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol?
- Phenol is the common name for which acid?
- The Kingdom of Aksum existed from approximately 100–940 AD on which continent?
- In which English county was Sir Winston Churchill born?
- 'That's yer Allotment' is a Sun newspaper headline referring to which England football manager's 2-1 loss to Sweden?
- What two word term was coined in 1947 after Kenneth Arnold's strange experience?
- In which country was the monk Dom Perignon born?
- Which metal is usually mixed with silver to form sterling silver?
- Who was vice president to President Barack Obama?
- Which country was the first in the world to build motorways?
- Bob Cratchit
- Carbolic acid
- Graham Taylor (who was often referred to as a 'turnip' by the Sun newspaper)
- Flying saucer
- Joe Biden
- Occurring twice yearly, what name is given to a day consisting of twelve hours of daylight and twelve hours of darkness?
- How many X chromosomes do women have?
- Who is the director and producer of the 2004 documentary film Fahrenheit 9/11?
- The National Diet is the parliament in which country?
- How many revolutions per minute did 7 inch records make on a gramophone?
- Which word was first used in 1611 by the mathematician Giovanni Demisiani for one of Galileo Galilei's instruments?
- What was the first name of Captain Oates who left his tent and died during Scott's Terra Nova Expedition to the South Pole?
- What first opened in Burnt Oak, Barnet, in 1929?
- Which radio station features The Ken Bruce Show?
- Organised commercial bungee jumping first began in which country?
- Which planet is known as The Red Planet?
- What name is given to the scientific study of fossils?
- Michael Moore
- BBC Radio Two
- New Zealand
- In which James Bond film was there the following exchange: 'You expect me to talk?' 'No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die!'?
- Near which major British city is the Cadbury World visitor attraction?
- What nationality is politician Nick Clegg's wife Miriam?
- What name was Shirley Crabtree better known by?
- Name the fourth planet from the Sun and the second smallest planet in the Solar System?
- Annie Elizabeth and Laxton's Superb are varieties of which fruit?
- What type of ships are the Carl Vinson, Abraham Lincoln and George Washington?
- 'Two jags' was the nickname of which British politician?
- What colur is the middle vertical stripe in the Belgium flag?
- Who was sometimes known as the Alton Giant and the Giant of Illinois?
- Big Daddy
- Aircraft Carriers
- John Prescott
- Robert Wadlow
- In April 1997, which actor was appointed Ambassador of the Bahamas to Japan?
- What book were twins Norris and Ross McWhirter commissioned to compile in 1954?
- What is the largest living species of penguin?
- In which city did Martin Luther King make his 'I Have a Dream' public speech?
- Who is best known as the dancing partner and on-screen romantic interest of Ginger Rogers?
- When driving from London to Swansea which motorway would you use?
- In which Russian city was Vladimir Putin born?
- Which well known television presenter hosted the first national lottery programme on 19 November 1994?
- On 11 September 2001, President George Bush was interrupted as he attended an event at an elementary school in which American state?
- Tennis star Pam Shriver was married for 6 years to which James Bond actor?
- Sidney Poitier
- The Guinness Book of Records
- The emperor penguin
- Washington D.C.
- Fred Astaire
- Noel Edmonds
- George Lazenby
More related quizzes...
Thank you for printing these pot luck questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.