50 Question: A ready-made pub quiz
- Who was the first ever Mr Man to have extraordinarily long arms?
ANSWER: Mr Tickle
- What is the new name of Twitter?
- Name the only country crossed by both the Tropic of Cancer and the Equator?
- Which planet is second closest to the Sun?
- How many sides does a dodecahedron have?
ANSWER: 12 sides
- In which Shakespeare plays does Mistress Ford refer twice to the song 'Greensleeves'?
ANSWER: The Merry Wives of Windsor
- Which American state is known as the "Bluegrass State"?
- Which European capital city is spread across 14 islands?
- Name the American film director of the classic Hollywood era who directed Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and Rio Bravo?
ANSWER: Howard Hawks
- Lazlo Biro patented the first commercially successful modern ballpoint pen. In which city was he born?
- A Jager bomb is a combination of how many drinks?
ANSWER: Two drinks (energy drink and a shot of Jagermeister)
- Sarah Millican is married to which fellow comedian?
ANSWER: Gary Delaney
- Domestic heater salesman Charles Darrow from Philadelphia invented what game in 1932?
ANSWER: Monopoly board game
- The Tomb of Karl Marx stands in which cemetery?
ANSWER: Highgate Cemetery, London
- What sort of sickness is also called generalized barotrauma or the bends?
ANSWER: Decompression sickness
- What's the L stand for in Samuel L Jackson?
- What does the letter 'Q' stand for in the James Bond character Q?
- Who wrote the British television sitcom Bread?
ANSWER: Carla Lane
- How many cards are in a Tarot deck?
ANSWER: 78 cards
- Name the third largest country in South America after Brazil and Argentina?
- Who was the UK's Secretary of State for Defence from 2019 to 2023?
ANSWER: Ben Wallace
- 'Kirk' is a Scottish word meaning what?
- Tahini dip is made by grinding what seeds into a smooth paste?
ANSWER: Sesame seeds
- The American telecommunications company founded in 1928 as Galvin Manufacturing Corporation changed its name to what 1947?
- What is the SI unit for radioactivity?
ANSWER: The becquerel
- SUP is the acronym for a water sport born from surfing. What does SUP stand for?
ANSWER: Standup paddleboarding
- What name is given to a three-sided box for carrying bricks?
ANSWER: A hod
- Thomas Patrick John Anson was a photographer who was the fifth earl of which Staffordshire city?
- Who was Queen Victoria’s first Prime Minister?
ANSWER: Lord Melbourne (William Lamb)
- Which fruit is also known by the names shaddock, jabong, and Chinese grapefruit?
- Which actress appeared in a TV advert for Birds Eye frozen peas in 1972 aged just four?
ANSWER: Patsy Kensit
- Lillie Langtry became the first celebrity to endorse a commercial product in 1882 by advertising what?
ANSWER: Pears soap
- What's the first name of the radio host and TV personality who is the son of actor and musician Martin Kemp?
ANSWER: Roman (Roman Kemp)
- Ballard Berkeley was an English actor who is best remembered for playing Major Gowen in which British sitcom?
ANSWER: Fawlty Towers
- Which rifle named after a city in Massachusetts was the most popular gun during the American Civil War?
- Who became the Member of Parliament for Holborn and St Pancras in 2015?
ANSWER: Keir Starmer
- What colour is the Northern line on the London Underground map?
- Cynology is the study of what?
- Which is the only country in the NATO phonetic alphabet?
- Which Australian comic is best known for his Dame Edna Everage persona?
ANSWER: Barry Humphries
- Nukuʻalofa is the capital city of which country?
- The Battle of Bloody Ridge was a battle that took place in 1951 during which war?
ANSWER: Korean War
- "Chocolate Salty Balls" is a song from what sitcom?
ANSWER: South Park
- Flammable air was an early name for what gas?
- Which Scottish-Northern Irish rock band first achieved breakthrough success in America with the 2004 album 'Final Straw'?
ANSWER: Snow Patrol
- Which card game for one player may well have been named after the Canadian region where a gold rush happened?
- Which British tennis player partnered Jo Durie in 1987 to win the Mixed Doubles at Wimbledon?
ANSWER: Jeremy Bates
- Brooklyn is connected to the borough of Queens by several bridge across which river?
ANSWER: East River
- Umberto Eco is best known for which popular 1980 novel?
ANSWER: The Name of the Rose
- Who did General Jose de San Martin hold a meeting with in Guayaquil in 1882 to plan the independence of Peru?
ANSWER: Simon Bolivar