Back to the Quiz Questions main page.
Quiz Questions I
- Who resigned as MP for Tooting in 2016?
- Who has been a permanent panellist on the BBC quiz show QI since 2003? And what does 'QI' stand for?
- Name the first person to burried in Poets' Corner in Westminster Abbey?
- What was described by Roman poet Ovid, as being 'part man and part bull'?
- What was the name of the spacecraft that Yuri Gagarin was travelling in when he became the first man in space?
- If you were buying 'Tu Clothing' which store would you be in?
- In carpentry, what name is given to the cavity cut into a timber to receive a tenon?
- What is the Australian equivalent to the British emergency call number 999?
- Who has been called the 'father of empiricism' and was made Viscount St. Alban in 1621?
- Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet is an industrial museum in which city?
- In ancient roman times, what exactly was The Tower of Hercules?
- What does the 'E' stand for in the non-departmental public body the EHRC?
- Which UK city was the first to introduced a congestion charge; it was a year before London's charge?
- Name the second largest of London's Royal Park (it's situated in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames)?
- The Boeing B-17 Second World War heavy bomber was known by what two-word nickname?
- Sadiq Khan (became Mayor of London in 2016)
- Alan Davies. Quite Interesting.
- Geoffrey Chaucer
- The minotaur
- Vostok I
- Triple zero (000)
- Francis Bacon
- A lighthouse
- Equality (the Equality and Human Rights Commission)
- Bushy Park
- Flying Fortress
Quiz Questions II
- Name the well known headquarters for British codebreaking during World War II?
- Which iconic figure and dandy in Regency England made modern men's suits worn with a necktie fashionable?
- Former pupils of which school are known as Old Wykehamists?
- Where in the UK has a top rate of income tax of 20 percent and no inheritance tax?
- What is nosocomephobia the fear of?
- What does the word 'para' mean as in Paralympics?
- Members of which Russian feminist punk rock group made world headlines by being imprisoned in 2012?
- The start of the grouse shooting season is known as the 'glorious...' what?
- The Stanislavski system is often studied for which occupation?
- Which island in the Atlantic Ocean was a staging airfield during the Falklands War for a series of long-range bombing raids?
- Which town on Australia's Stuart Highway is nearly equidistant between Adelaide and Darwin?
- The epitaph on whose tomb reads: 'And alien tears will fill for him, Pity's long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn.'?
- Bletchley Park
- Beau Brummell
- Winchester College
- Isle of Man
- Beside or alongside
- Pussy Riot
- The Glorious 12th
- Ascension Island
- Alice Springs
- Oscar Wilde (it's a verse from The Ballad of Reading Gaol)
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.