Thanks for the visit. We are free but if you wish to support us in writing our quizzes:
Back to the Quiz Questions main page.
Quiz Questions I
- Which country did Arthur C. Clark emigrate to in 1956, largely to pursue his interest in scuba diving?
- Who shot John Lennon? And how old was John Lennon when he died?
- SABENA was the national airline of which country from 1923 to 2001?
- What line from the film Jaws made the AFI's 100 Greatest Movie quotes of all time?
- Thomas Hardy named his fourth novel, Far from the Madding Crowd, after a line from which poem?
- Which English film director is known for his treatment of social issues such as homelessness in Cathy Come Home and labour rights in Riff-Raff?
- In archery what is a bluffie?
- In which century did Nostradamus live?
- What was Linda McCartney's maiden name before she married Paul?
- In which U.S. state is the Pentagon?
- Sri Lanka
- Mark Chapman, 40
- You're gonna need a bigger boat
- Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard (by Thomas Gray)
- Ken Loach
- A practise arrow
Quiz Questions II
- Which county's main tourist attraction is the Peak District?
- Which pop group, led by Gary Lightbody, sounds like they are arctic explorers?
- Which song was pop singer Suzi Quatro's only number one in 1974?
- Who claimed the invention of 'action painting' in 1947?
- What does the 'myo' part of myocardial mean?
- What is the name of the famous toboggan run at St. Moritz?
- Which mountains separate the Czech Republic from Slovakia?
- Which band emerged from the break up of the Housemartins to give us A Little Time?
- Which decade saw the last execution by guillotine in France?
- In the Edward Lear poem, which instrument does the Owl play while serenading the Pussy Cat?
- Snow Patrol
- Devil Gate Drive
- Jackson Pollock
- The Cresta Run
- Beautiful South
- A guitar
Quiz Questions III
- Who gave his name to the whirlpool bath he invented?
- A nettle sting is caused by which acid?
- What shape is cordate?
- What is the literal meaning of the word 'Islam'?
- What word describes the underground cemeteries where early Christians were buried in niches in the walls of tunnels?
- What did members of the SS in Nazi Germany have tattooed on the underside of their left arm?
- Who won her first best actress Oscar for her portrayal of Brandon Teena in 1999's Boys Don't Cry?
- Which sea makes up the majority of Israel's coastline?
- Carlos Menem was president of which country from 1989 to 1999?
- What does the acronym YMCA stand for?
- Their blood group
- Hilary Swank
- The Mediterranean Sea
- Young Men's Christian Association
Quiz Questions IV
- What would a tailor do with his plonker?
- On what day of the week was President Kennedy assassinated on, in 1963?
- In which British city would you go shopping in the White Rose Centre?
- The Sky Tower, the tallest freestanding structure in the Southern Hemisphere, is in which city?
- What is paraskevidekatriaphobia the fear of?
- What animals collective noun can be a 'shrewdness'?
- In which city would you find the mosque Hagia Sophia?
- The Merlion is a mythical creature that depicts a monster with a lion's head, and the body of which animal?
- What animal does a mahout ride?
- Which American university awards the Pulitzer prize?
- Iron cloth
- Friday the 13th
- A fish
- An elephant
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.