Who is Santa Claus?
Santa originated in Western Christian culture as a legendary character who is said to bring gifts to the homes of well-behaved children on Christmas Eve. The terms Santa Claus and Father Christmas are indistinguishable, although many people in the UK still prefer the term 'Father Christmas' over 'Santa'.
Santa Quiz Questions and Answers
Santa Quiz I
- Babbo Natale, is which country's version of Santa Claus?
- Who provides the voice for Santa Claus in 2004 film, "The Polar Express"?
- The earliest known use of the name Santa Claus was in 1773 in which country?
- In 1931, which company created the modern image of Santa Claus in their Christmas advertisements?
- Which Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, the world's largest parade, always features a Santa?
- Which Christmas song, first recorded in 1934, was written by J. Fred Coots and Haven Gillespie?
- What is the name of Santa’s red-nosed reindeer?
- Apart from the red-nosed reindeer in question 7, how many reindeers pull Santa's sled?
- The modern character of Santa Claus was based on traditions surrounding which fourth-century historical saint?
- What name was Santa known by in the film "Miracle on 34th Street"?
- In 1879, Thomas Nast revealed in a series of drawings that Santa's workshop is in which part of the world?
- Which actor played Patch, the creative elf in "Santa Claus: The Movie"?
- Willie T. Soke and his dwarf assistant Marcus Skidmore are professional thieves in which Christmas film?
- In 1939 as part of a Christmas promotional campaign, the American department store Montgomery Ward created what?
- Which modern day country was St Nicholas from?
- The earliest images of Santa Claus have him wearing what colour cloak?
- Who was first mentioned in the 1849 short story "A Christmas Legend" by James Rees?
- Which of Santa's reindeers gets its name from the Dutch word for 'lightning'?
- In France, Father Christmas is called Père ... what?
- "The Santa Clause" series of comedy films stars which actor in the main role of Santa?
- Tom Hanks
- United States of America
- Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town
- Eight (Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen)
- Saint Nicholas
- Kris Kringle
- North Pole
- Dudley Moore
- Bad Santa
- Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Mrs. Claus
- Père Noel
- Tim Allen