Thanks for the visit. We are free but if you wish to support us in writing our quizzes:
- What name is given to a material in which electric current does not flow freely?
- What was the name of the first man-made satellite launched by the Soviet Union in 1957?
- What name is given to the measure of a fluid's resistance to deformation at a given rate?
- Which South American mammal is smaller but very similar to the llama?
- What name is given to the action of light bending when passing through a lens?
- What term was first used by German physicists Otto Frisch and Lise Meitner in 1939 to describe the disintegration of a heavy nucleus into two lighter nuclei of roughly equal size?
- Which animal is the largest member of the monkey family?
- Due to its tusks and great size, the walrus has only two natural predators - can you name both?
- In anatomy, what is an abnormal growth of tissue projecting from a mucous membrane called?
- Bauxite ore is the world's primary source of which metal?
- Which animal is the largest and heaviest lizard in the world?
- Which organs that play an important role in the immune system, consists of the adenoid, two tubal, two palatine, and the lingual?
- In which city is the Roslin Institute which created Dolly the sheep in 1966, the first mammal to be successfully cloned from an adult cell?
- On what scale does pure water freeze at 273.15?
- The microwaves in a microwave cooker are generated by a device called a what?
- Sputnik 1
- The polar bear snd the killer whale (orca)
- Komodo dragons, or Komodo monitors
- Kelvin scale
Thank you for printing these questions. Please do not forget to come back to www.freepubquiz.co.uk for more great quiz questions and answers.